Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..and i'm friggin stoked. too bad it's still 5 months 'til duck season. i'm ready to kill 'em all RIGHT NOW!!!!!

:getdown:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
cool.

on a side note, i want to send my quackhead to RNT to have the sticker replaced w/the engraving. i gotta find that thread....thanks for reminding me.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
i have been slammed at work. crazy hours so i haven't even been getting online once i go home. hopefully it'll slow down a bit now soon...i am going through some withdrawals.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bret - yes, it was fast service. less than 2 weeks from the time it left my hand until i got it back.

i didn't get any feedback as to what they did to it...i guess i should email rusty and see if he can find out for me. i am curious. it does sound a bit different than it did before. it is crisper and it seems to take a little more air volume to blow than it did when i last used it and it is definately louder.

all in all though i am happy with it, glad to have it back on my lanyard, and extremely happy with the service i got.

·
Registered
796 Posts
shrpshtr said:
cool.

on a side note, i want to send my quackhead to RNT to have the sticker replaced w/the engraving. i gotta find that thread....thanks for reminding me.
I didn't know you could do that, I thought if you had the sticker, you were stuck with it :help: . Even a a Quackhead that is a poly call? Please clue me in on this so I can send mine back if need be. Thanks! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
360 Posts
why would u send your quackhead back to the factory?!!! its like a $25 call.... by the time you pay for shipping and hastle of sending it back and waiting you could have just bought like 2 more.... it is a poly call and can easly be replaced. no point in fixing it all up IMO and dont see the point... :oops:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
98ramtough said:
Guys-

I am the one that said you can send a call back to them to engrave instead of the logo. With an ACRYLIC call. You can't send them a quackhead to engrave.
i spoke with Rusty this morning and he would be more than happy to engrave a quackhead if you want to send it to him. it doesn't have to be an acrylic call. i can even give you the address if you want it.

i like my quackhead and just because i have $25 in my pocket doesn't mean i want to buy another duck call when i can spend 1/3 of that to get the one i have the way i want.

frazier, pm me if you want that addy.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
They must have changed or got a new engraving method to be able to do this on a plastic call after the call was already molded. Thats pretty cool.. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to just get a custom call? When someone gets a poly call done post a pic, I am curious to see how it comes out. I wonder if they use some type of stamp or something different from the acrylic calls.

Mike

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Shrp- good call on the quackhead. Apparently they are not a normal poly carb call. RNT has great service, I recently ordered a few hats and a few shirts from them. Check out the onsale clothing and apparel items, they are sweet and really cheap. I got a couple hats, and a couple shirts for under $30. This isn't spamming, I really like RNT, they have great customer service and stand behind what they sell, no matter what. Here is the info guys on the quackheads, RNT really set the bar high with these cheap calls, I imagine it actully hurt the sells of the high end acrylics. Great calls, very cheap. I can't count how many guys I recommended them to. Anyway- below is an email from Rusty with RNT. You all can contact him for engraving etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mike
We would be glad to do engraving on the quackhead calls. They are an acrylic base resin so they engrave almost just like the regular acrylics. We can put the logo on them or anything else you would like.

Thanks for the compliment. If you need anything else just let me know.

Thanks,
Rusty Bulloch
RNT Calls, Inc.
1-888-768-2255
2315 HWY 63 N
Stuttgart AR, 72160

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Oh yeah, as far as price, I don't think there is a charge if you stuck to a simple RNT logo. You just pay the shipping and they hook you up. While your paying the shipping I suggest getting an extra reed and cork or having them put a new one in and toning it for ya. I really need to quit talking to these guys. I can see an acrylic shortbarrel and a daisy cutter coming my way soon.. :getdown:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.