Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
im up here in Belgrade. Just got out boat up here and got it all fixed up and running. So i see that there are some few people up here in montana. I just got really into duck hunting last season and was wondering if anyone knew of any good spots.

·
Registered
164 Posts
welcome...I just moved to butte so I am looking for some spots down here...there are a lot of areas to go where you can field hunt or use a dog for water...as for areas for boats...I would look at your larger bodies of water in your area..ie..canyon ferry....but you would also have to consider pulling a boat that far in bad weather could not be to much fun...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hunting the ponds on Canyon Ferry is always a good place to start. It's on the opposite side of Highway 12, on the same end as Townsend. And you don't even need a boat (of course you can use it if you wish) it is protected from the big winter winds of Canyon Ferry. Need more info, drop me a line

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Dont forget Hebgen lake or Ennis lake or willow creek res aka harrison lake. These are all places you would benifit from having a boat. They are also the same distance as canyon ferry.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I went out to Harrison Lake about 2 weeks ago and there were ALOT!!! of ducks and geese but you would need a boat at least to get to some mud flats in the middle of the lake. If you ever need a partner send me a PM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.