Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went snow goose hunting this morning in little old Delaware and had an awesome time!! We started by setting out dozens of decoys consisting mostly of Sillosocks, Flapping sillosocks, and a Vortex. As we were putting out the decoys large flocks, and I mean large, were heading right for us. Several hundred snows/blues were heading right for us, but unfortunately we did not have our guns loaded and were busted. After settling down and getting everything together we had birds coming in and then hitting the ground!! As everyone says, we should have had many more, but miscommunication and a very excited 1 1/2 yr old lab hurt us a bit. Either way it is always awesome to see that many birds in one area and I had a blast. One of my buddies managed to shoot his first snow which happened to be banded! Overall it was an great time and here are some pics, enjoy!!

13 snows

Banded goose

Pic of setup

·
Registered
384 Posts
how many dekes did you have out? looks like a good time

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in Wilmington, DE which is far north, but this hunt took place almost as far south as you can go! We put out approx 45 doz decoys. The Vortex is awesome, and I was really surprised how well the Flapping decoys on the stakes looked once there was a little wind. The vortex is powered by a battery and is shaped like a V and spins around in circles! Looks great IMO!! :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts