Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sinces when do lurkers who aren't signed up as members have the right to post on this site??? What kinda garbage is that??? I was a member of a site like that before and it created nothing but headaches!!!! Multiple posts by the same person coming in as many guests spewing the same junk, trying to get a point across,acting like many different people????

·
Registered
380 Posts
I tried Logging out and then posting, It would not let me post!

Were was these posts you saw?

Seems from my little test, you can not post unless you are registered and logged in.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
wow..was this some form of spontaneous combustion or did one of these phantom posters insult your dear old mother?

some people are inclined to "test the waters" so to speak before going through the hassle of becoming a member. first they lurk, then maybe test the hospitality with a guest post or two..then, if they feel comfortable, they become actual members.

i'm sure that with the hospitality plainsman has shown we should see a large increase in members on the board soon.

keep it up plainsman. i'll bet you're a real joy to hunt with too.

:salude:

-Ed

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I tried it, then came back in and now I dont know what new anymore :pissed: It reset everything as read. :hammering:

O well I guess I will do it the hard way now :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
just a further thought along these lines..i think we should set post count limits to allow people to have avatars. you know..why should some newbie be allowed to put a pic next to his name. that should be resereved for elite members with 100 or more posts.

also, perhaps we could have certain forum areas for people with more posts than others..... and maybe certain smiley icons that only our "better" members can use.

man..we could create a total elitist atmosphere here in no time. lol.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
also, perhaps we could have certain forum areas for people with more posts than others..... and maybe certain smiley icons that only our "better" members can use.

man..we could create a total elitist atmosphere here in no time. lol.
I thought about that the other day, that would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I am not saying this post is wrong...but what in the [edit]l are you guys talking about? Guests posting? I guess I am not paying attention. But if you are going to make this an elitist site, I want a new title. Instead of;

Snafu518
Hunter

I want;

Snafu518
Sarcastic [edited by Admin2]

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
A couple of you are nearing being in a very real elitites club if the swearing continues... :thumbsdown:

And maybe some are fast approaching legends in their own mind around here :yes: :umm:

Admin2

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Swamp Puppy said:
i'm sure that with the hospitality plainsman has shown we should see a large increase in members on the board soon.

keep it up plainsman. i'll bet you're a real joy to hunt with too.

:salude:

-Ed
:toofunny: :laughing: :toofunny: Actually, I've been told that I'm a blast to hunt with[no pun]. Swampy, go back and read the original thread that I put up concerning this topic.Having "guests"posting has proven to be a real headache in the past at other sites. I have nothing against these "guests"....if they want lurk,go ahead. If you want post up, then sign up, the rest of us did.

·
Registered
70 Posts
can anyone tell duck seasion is over in parts of the country?????

:laughing:

we just have to get through this dry spell until good fishing weather shows up.....

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
plainsman - i am sure we could all sit about and discuss what makes other sites good, bad, better, or worse for hours on end. my point is simply this.

did one of these guests offend you in some way or are you just complaining for the sake of complaining? personally, this site is one of the few hunting sites i enjoy coming to and would really like to see it grow. members complaining about other members (or future members) is one of the main reasons whyi fired up the old search engine and left the other sites i used to frequent.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No, there was no offense taken with any of the posts. Simply trying to point out my experiences on other sites, how non-members posting can and has created havoc. I simply don't want to see this site suffer from the same B.S. I don't believe that a huge membership # = quality. I'd rather read 10 good posts a day than 20 that are full of crap and rhetoric. If quality is kept up, quantity will follow.Swampy, you and I have the same interest at heart, just a slightly different veiw on how to attain it. Sorry if I offened anyone, just trying to warn of the mess non-members posting can create.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
i do agree with you on the reading 10 quality posts over 20 ones that are crap....and i do hear ya on the guest posting problem, seen it myself. i just figured we could give the poor dude the benefit of the doubt before shutting the door on 'em.

:salude: to you plainsman.

cupped wings,

-Ed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.