Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys the other day I went to buy a new gun for me. i have bought a few guns before. well when the paper work was processed the saleaman said there is a hold on me buying it. I couldnt think of what i could of done. then i remembered; last fall my wife put a PPO on me. it expires in sept. will i be able to buy guns again? i dont have a felony or anything like that.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Obviously you did something to get a Domestic personal protection order put out against you.
I think the police would like to talk with you as to why you want to buy a gun while you have a domestic protection order out on you.
Sounds like a good idea to me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Couple other reasons could be that you might have been fingerprinted before and that will throw a flag up, I work in Gun Sales and military, teachers, law enforcement sometimes and most times get a flag for being fingerprinted. Could be nothing just an agent at the Bureau didn't want to put down his sandwich to run your background....
:rofl:

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
I've seen lots of reasons why. I had a couple guys get refused because they had the same name as a felon. If you had a court order against purchasing a gun you should have been flatly denied. In Pa here they ask you to hold the person until troopers get there. Generally if its a hold its some other reason. File your paperwork they gave you and wait for your response. Just to let you know up here this process( getting your gun) won't end after this purchase. Some guys came back after denial and approval numbers to get a gun only to find out they have to go through it all over again when they buy another. Best of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts