Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this and thought of you right off the bat :laughing:

HEMPSTEAD, New York (AP) -- Did you hear the one about the two guys arrested for telling lawyer jokes?

It happened this week to the founders of a group called Americans for Legal Reform, who were waiting in line to get into a Long Island courthouse.

"How do you tell when a lawyer is lying?" Harvey Kash reportedly asked Carl Lanzisera.

"His lips are moving," they said in unison.

While some waiting to get into the courthouse giggled, a lawyer farther up the line Monday was not laughing.

He told them to pipe down, and when they did not, the lawyer reported the pair to court personnel, who charged them with disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.

"They just can't take it," Kash said of lawyers in general. "This violates our First Amendment rights."

Dan Bagnuola, a spokesman for the Nassau County courts, said the men were "being abusive and they were causing a disturbance."

He said he did not have the name of the lawyer who complained.

Americans for Legal Reform monitors the courts and uses confrontational tactics to push for greater access for the public.

The pair said that for years they have stood outside courthouses on Long Island and mocked lawyers.

On Monday, however, Kash said he was due in court to answer a drunken driving charge from a year and a half ago. The men are due back in court on the disorderly conduct charge next month.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Yup the lawyer that pressed the charges could face a counter lawsuit for infringment of 1st amend rights.

Any body see the irony---the judge who will hear the case is a lawyer no doubt--so where will they find an impartial judge?

It is a racket--if the legal system was a Corp--the Justice Dept would be all over the legal profession for antitrust, etc... as you have a system set up by lawyers, the judges are lawyers and there is no other recourse. IMO Lawyers have ruined America. $1m award to woman bacuase she dumped here hot coffe on her lap, so McDonals had to pay becuase it was not labled "Caution - coffeee is very hot" ????? :thumbsdown: There are literally hundreds of examples of this acrass America... Lots of bad laws, poor enforcement, etc etc.... they legallized being a crook and mask as a lawyers! Most legislators are lawyers and one wonder why the Govt is so screwed up! :pissed: I havean idea--this here country is supposed to be off the people, and for the people, lets put a % limit on the the Fed and State Govt officails--in that they have the have the same % of professions as there are legislators. Meaning if there are 15% Construction type people, there has to be 15% of the legislators that are constructions workers, same for Health care, teachers, car mechanics, students, Manufacturing workers, etec etc... that surely would be govt of the people for the people and not this farce we have now. See-you got me going on them lawyers again! :laughing:

Like I said last month--some of the most disparaging lawyer jokes that I have heard were told to me by lawyers. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:laughing: you tickle me just getting you all rawled up :toofunny:
I know where you come from especially from my side the LE of it I see it all the time. I know you got to make money some how but how some of them do it I just could not sleep at night.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
we live in a very litigious society. It is amazing what people will try to get money for, when often or not it is thier own stupidity that caused the mess. let's face it, people need to start taking responsibility for thier own actions. All I can say is wow. :oops:

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
one thing to keep in mind when referring to our rights is that we are given these rights and are protected by them as long as WE DO NOT INFRINGE UPON OTHER PEOPLE'S RIGHTS IN THE PROCESS.

so, yes. people do have the freedom of speach, but if in the act of speaking their mind they are infringing upon other people's rights then the 1st ammendment doesn't appy.

freedom of assembly is a good example to use here. this is the one that people use to legally protest with. you can, and are, leagally allowed to assemble in protest. however, if by doing so you began to disrupt the peace and infringe upon other people's rights to go about their business, then it becomes an unlawful assembly and you can be arrested.

i doubt those individuals will get too far with a 1st ammendment lawsuit. if they do, then somethnig is seriously wrong with our system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.