Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yep, I just checked. My intent certainly was not to incite a fire storm. I regret posting there, and knew I shouldn't have participated.

I'm canceling my membership on two sites (not this one) that are simply not for me. I do not wish to be a part of such negative conversation.

If I believed that these cyber world environments truly represented sportsmen and women in the Commonwealth, I'd hang up my waders and take up legal briefs and do my darndest to end hunting in this great state.

It's only through the wonderful friendships I've made, working side by side with guys like those in the DGIF, VAWFA, DU, Waterfowl USA, and many private landowners, that I see the real heart of the hunter.

Where are the Aldo Leupolds & Teddy Roosevelts of our generation? I assure you my good friends, they are not descimating one another on these forums.

Join me in taking the high road ladies and gentlemen.

- Jimmy

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Srmn8r I am sorry to read that you won't be posting anymore over there , let me tell you why . These forums are called discussion forums and another word for discussion is debate . If everyone agreed on every thing said it wouldn't be long before there wouldn't be any new talk and the forum would die . I agree that the thread you and rookie are talking about isn't much and you can see that I chose to not post on it . That in it self is the key to these forums , we each have the power to show a forum which way to go . Take this board , the talk is Ducks , just about every post is such . I would very much like to have that board to be the same way but as long as I have new members joining up and making a few post , not liking the replies coming back and leaving the forum , I will never get to what I want there .
I need help over there , I need members to only post to subjects they like and want on a discussion forum . If another member replies with a remark one don't like don't reply back to it . Instead of leaving the board , make a new thread and carry on knowing that I will make a thread stay on subject .
Sorry for saying this here but I need members that want the same as I do . Please give it one week and one thread , let's see what we can do .

:sad: LD :sad:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry SRMN8R I hope you dont fell that the thread I mentioned was anything more than a cry for help(on my part).It seemed like I was getting crushed for my opinion that with our help (sportsmen of Va)The DGIF's programs can and will work toward a common goal of improving the habitat and available resources that we all utilize.Common theme......Be part of the solution as opposed to someone that complains about about the problem! As far as the negative conversations I agree but the stance I think Im gonna take is to choose which threads I want my name associated with and be the bigger man :thumbsup: Good statement by the way Quote"Where are the Aldo Leupolds & Teddy Roosevelts of our generation?" I actually just finished reading A Sand County Almanac again and I must say I agree with you!Is there room for one more on the high road? :yes:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was hunting recently on a bluebird day. No geese flying, and only a few tundras (after I already filled my tag :thumbsup: ). I was watching about 5 different hawks working the field, crows were squaking, buzzards were circling. Interesting to watch them. I also saw another bird. A bald eagle. I noticed something interesting. With all the bustle, squaking, and struggling down low, the eagle soared above the rest of the "crowd". The eagle didn't drop down in the mix and try to convince any of the noise makers that they could do better by employing better/different tactics. The eagle just soard above, covering more ground, being more efficient, and going about it's God given task.

My time on earth is limited. I have a wonderful wife, and a son who is a blessing from the Almighty. I work my primary job roughly 60 hrs per week on average, and I pastor a small church on the side, which takes about 30 hours a week. I simply don't have the time, nor energy to mix it up with a bunch of squaking crows.

Lewdog, I appreciate your effort to create a discussion forum. It's the kind of stuff that makes America the greatest nation on the earth. In general, I've enjoyed the site. Lots of good information. The VA forum however, has a pretty negative bent. Obviously, lots of the guys know one another, and have an axe to grind. Way too much mud-slinging, name calling, and generally derogatory conversation that borders on defamation. The accusatory tone that seems to be a common theme puts me off, and I don't want my name associated with it. I don't have a problem with civil debate - I actually enjoy it! What I'm seeing over there is not civil. Nothing against you brother. I just know that I need to pick my battles, and battlefields.

- Jimmy

·
Registered
622 Posts
Srmn8r said:
I was hunting recently on a bluebird day. No geese flying, and only a few tundras (after I already filled my tag :thumbsup: ). I was watching about 5 different hawks working the field, crows were squaking, buzzards were circling. Interesting to watch them. I also saw another bird. A bald eagle. I noticed something interesting. With all the bustle, squaking, and struggling down low, the eagle soared above the rest of the "crowd". The eagle didn't drop down in the mix and try to convince any of the noise makers that they could do better by employing better/different tactics. The eagle just soard above, covering more ground, being more efficient, and going about it's God given task.
And who's tasks were the crows, hawks and buzzards going about?
The eagle is more efficient? At what? You are kind of judgmental of God's creations.

Srmn8r said:
My time on earth is limited. I have a wonderful wife, and a son who is a blessing from the Almighty. I work my primary job roughly 60 hrs per week on average, and I pastor a small church on the side, which takes about 30 hours a week. I simply don't have the time, nor energy to mix it up with a bunch of squaking crows.
Good thing Jesus took time to mix it up with squawking crows, and not just birds of his feather. It is probably best you "pastor" with your own kind, your pompousness and insincerity would not serve you well with others.

·
Registered
57 Posts
JJ,

I apologize if my post was offensive to you. I certainly didn't mean for it to be. Apparently I can't say much right on these forums! I was just trying to make a point, and apparently I didn't do a good job of it. I hope you can forgive me. I've never been called insincere or pompous before (been called a lot of other things though :oops: ). I'd love to sit down with you over a cup of coffee if you'd give me a chance.

- Jimmy

·
Registered
622 Posts
Jimmy
You pop up on a board and make some statements regarding the VDGIF. I you asked some honest questions about your statements . You duck out and then post somwhere else about how much better you are using some bird analogy.

No thanks, I am not particular about with who I will drink coffee, but I a particular about who I won't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts