Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you Pacific North West hunters. Post up so we all can get to know each other. Who knows you might just find another hunting buddie.[/b]

·
Registered
47 Posts
WEST SIDE! ....lol but hunt all over the state. also hunt in IA.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok whos got the skinny on the Tri Cities? Im looking for some new areas in the Kennwick/Pasco area. I have hunted a bay just off the reserve and it was good for Pins. Im needing a good drake Pin for the wall!

·
Registered
135 Posts
hey dudes and dudets. I hunted the Columbia from Paterson to Longview last year. All the same NO DUCKS! until the snow and ice. Then ducks were everywhere. Getting ready for up coming season. Building new dekes and a layout boat. hunting the saltwater next year. There has to be a good season sometime.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jeepman:-) said:
Ok whos got the skinny on the Tri Cities? Im looking for some new areas in the Kennwick/Pasco area. I have hunted a bay just off the reserve and it was good for Pins. Im needing a good drake Pin for the wall!
You hunt the Tri-cities area and are looking for good pintail spots?!? You need to get out more. Try Patterson, you'll have no problem finding your Pin there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We live in skagit county and are new to this whole waterfowl and upland hunting. I've heard and seen some very good areas to hunt, but we just got our new pup and he's our first dog. He's only 10 wks old but he's adventured these lands with us so far. Anyone know of any good places here to hunt?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Logan

Try the Skagit Flats. Went there opening weekend but got skunked, but I hear they are going to close it down, so you better get the hunting in while you can.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have been hunting Paterson with my dad the past year, but I am always looking for someone to go out with when he is busy. I also have a great land blind a lab that is more determined than I am. I would like to try McNary and have heard that there are some new areas on the Snake river that just opened up. Zach

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Guys,
I am a newcomer (sort of) to WA I have been here for the last 3 years, and been jonesing to get out again. I grew up in Iowa and starting hunting ducks at a very early age. I left Iowa to go into the military and now am in school. Well to get to the point now, a buddy and I have been going up to the skagit valley to hunt and we have'nt had a whole lotta luck. We are going tommorow to scout out the Cherry Valley wildlife area to find someplace to call our own <lol>. Any way is there anyplace here close to king county , or snohomish that provides a good bird count? I would really appreciate your replies. Thanks again guys, and good luck and knock em dead!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey guys. i am new to this site. i used to hunt out on the nisqually tide flatts but i live over in moses lake and i have a private pond i hunt by myself and who ever wants to com out and hunt with me so any of you guys who want to get together give me a call. 509-765-7782(home) or 253-307-6768(cell).

vwguy2004

·
Registered
173 Posts
I"m from yakima i hunt from the potholes down to patterson. But alot of the time its just the reservation for me. If any young hunters wanna go shoot some ducks send me a PM i love making new hunting buddies. Hey also if you know of any mallard spots in the ellensburg area let me know i cant find a single spot

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you need pintails then stay here on the west side jeepman. They are all over that darn place. My lease is loaded with them as is the coast. If your name is arron then we have hunted together in the past. I took you to the tri-cities just outside of mcnary a couple of years ago. Anyways if anyone wants to get together and hunt just let me know. I am always looking to make new hunting buds.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi all, I am kinda new to this forum, it sure is nice to get updates, and meet some folks. I have not hunted much at all the last several years due to location and an illness. I started again last year for the first time in 10 yrs. I only got out 3 times, but hope to get out a few more this year. So far this year I have only been out once, and did not see a duck to shoot at.

Do you guys have much experience at the refuge in Burbank (McNary)? Last year I hunted a few times from the handicap blind out at the Penisula unit, but this year some wonderful hunter moved the HANDICAP blind out in the water about 30 yards.

So I was going to try to go to the refuge/slough on standby and try to get one of those handicap blinds. (My handicap is a significant balance problem that makes it hard to carry gear and walk at the same time....but I can chew gum and walk....lol)

I was going to go out this Wednesday, but my wife requested I go out on Saturday instead. What are ya'lls thoughts on this. Are there many handicap hunters that are out there on saturdays? I was originally going on Wed to increase odds of getting a blind, what do you think are my chance on Saturday?

Also, I have not yet met many folks to hunt with in Walla Walla, so I usually go out alone. If anyone wants to join me Saturday morning I would love it. I want to get my 6 yr old son out, but that has to be an afternoon hunt. I had him out once last year and we had a ball. No ducks, but lots of hot chocolate,snacks and talk.

That is another reason I am going to try the refuge, I want to find a "comfortable" spot to take my son, and have a chance for him to see some ducks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts