Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
:welcome: this is the wave, :thumbsup: this is the thumbs up, :thumbsdown: this is thumbs down. :toofunny:

No really im kidding :mrgreen: what do you need help on them exactly and we can try and help

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
something I did was to take something originally thought for something else and modified its purpose. Mike Stewart at wildrose kennels, www.uklabs.com has a series of platforms with ramps he uses for acclimating his dogs to working from raised duck blinds. I took the same basic principle and applied it to hand signals. Take a platform about 4 ft square and put a ramp going off left, right, and back. During my obedience training, I would teach my dog to load up, and sit on command once on top of the platform. I then started working the hand signals, left and right only, to get her to exit the platform. Once she had the left and right down pat, I started on the back. Always use both verbal and hand commands. Once all three are down pat, start doing pile work on the ground. This is a building block process, the steps I described above, are only the basic, you will need to expand further as your dog repsonds to these phases.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.