Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as I was cleaning my Sig P220 .45 last night, I was wondering if you guys have a favorite handgun. What might it be? If you want to answer this...it is up to you...Do you legally carry for protection? Did you know that if you have a carry permit in your state there are other states will honor your right to carry there? Check out Packing.org. Amazing site. Lots of info.

· Registered
3,949 Posts
i have 2 favorites.

H&K USP Compact .45acp

Ruger Super Redhawk .454 Casull w/7.5 inch barrel

we do have the ability to "carry" here in oregon, though i really have no need for it. getting a permit isn't much more difficult than taking an evening class and then sending in a packet of info. pass a simple background check and viola!! you can carry a gun. oh yay.

· Registered
2,183 Posts
I like your Sig P220 .45. My uncle is a police officer and bought one for my aunt to keep in the house. Very nice gun. Like the .357 he has too. We also shot his Colt 1911. He got some guns outta the police armory and let us shoot them on the police range. MP5 at full auto is nice.

I really would like a handgun. 6 months away from being 21 though.

· Registered
248 Posts
well, i have three i love to carry.
one for normal c.c. my g23
second for my usual fun camp gun, 357 ruger 100
third my desert eagle , knowing the percusion alone will knock down
a building..... :yes:

· Registered
1,544 Posts
Ruger Mk. II .22 long rifle cal. Very fun to shoot, great for bullseye shooting (which I've neglected for a couple of yrs :oops: ). For carry & deer I'd like to get a S&W revolver in .44 mag. :thumbsup:
Hey, bullseye shooters - do any of youns use a revolver for bullseye? How do youns handle the timed & rapid w/ a revolver?

· Registered
70 Posts
I'm with redcloud.......GLOCK 17

sweet-tater-pie!!!!!

My mother was talking about wanting a handgun...i thought about getting her a glock....so when she wants to get rid of it i'll just add it to the arsenal

all part of the master plan!!!!! :thumbsup:

· Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have always wanted to get a MP5. I bet that was a blast to shoot KS.
I also have a Taurus PT-92 9mm (I am better with that than my .45...then again I had it longer and shot it more) and a OLD H.& R. "Sportsman" single action .22. It is pretty cool. It breaks open by lifting the rear sights, and holds nine shots. Did Harrington & Richardson arms Co turn into New England Arms? Maybe I am wrong.

· Registered
2,183 Posts
Oh, the MP5 was a blast. I think we shot up like $300 worth of Ammo that day. You cycle through it quick when you go full auto. Muzzle jump is crazy too. He taught us to shoot it like his Israeli instructor taught him. Its uncomfortable, but it helps steady you for the shot.

· Registered
452 Posts
springfeild 1911 is my favorite. i got my ccw here too.

had

· Registered
26 Posts
I have a Glock19 to name one of a few hundred hand guns I own, and it's my favorite to pack. My favorite would be the good old Desert Eagle .45. If you see me awake then you know it's strapped on my waist. If you see me asleep getting shut-eye then it's under my pillow. Ya'll come back now ya hear.

· Registered
304 Posts
I am a handgun junkie!!!!! Don't know if you guys ever heard of it, but theres a great forum called 1911forum.com by far the best gun forum on the web. As you guessed, they mostly cater to 1911's, but they welcom any and all firearm topic from legal to opinion, and have a seperate forum for everything from derringers to a barrett, lots of info there. That being said, ny favorite peice is an STI Trojan, but I usually carry a G23 for carry and for hunting as it's a durable dependable pistol that doesn't show wear and tear as easy as others.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.