Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it a sign that you spend too much money at cabela's if you receive one of these? funny, i had a little explaining to do to the wife when mine came in the mail.

it's pretty cool. the only problem is there isn't much to offer in the way of waterfowl stuff. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
450 Posts
i got mine. i really like them. thats the second one i've got. but they don't have enough duck hunting stuff. this new one has alot of fishing stuff though.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Definitely a sign that you spend enough, I don't know about too much, can you do that? I got my first one this year after I sold a gun and went out and got a hole bunch or new cold weather gear. The hard cover is OK, but the specialty catalogs are better for specific items. Also the on line store has stuff I have never seen in any of the catalogs or at the store. You just have to get them all! I just got two Midland 450 radios for $54.00 out of the turkey catalogue and none of the others or online has it for that price. Just got the spring master catalogue and they are on sale for much more. Go figure. I keep and request them all because the prices change from one to the other. Last year I got a scope that was listed in the spring reloading and shooting catalogue and they sold it to me in December for the listed price and the price was $30 under any other catalogue I have seen inc. on line.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
And another thing. My friend and I both got the master catalogue this year and we were getting some new decoys and we were talking on the phone and I told him to go to a page and we were all mixed up because they were different. When we got the same item on different pages the descriptions were different and my price was 10% less! Not only should you keep all your catalogues and check on line you should check with your friends because the catalogues are not the same for everyone even the master's catalogue. We compared ours and found differences in prices and content, like mine had more waterfowl stuff but didn't have any turkey hunting gear.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I have never gotten one, and i think i spend plenty. I tend to spread it all around though. I am not loyal to one store. I buy a lot from cabelas, bass pro, macks and some LL Bean.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
If ya want the waterfowl stuff, ya gotta call them and request the waterfowling edition....

Which by the way I still need to do! :salude:
-Stouff

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i received my fall one of friday also. i am pleased to see much more waterfowling stuff in this one.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
What do you have to drop a year to get one. I'm a goal oriented fella. I need a number to hit. I prolly spent close to $400-$500 a year, out of cabela's. Am i close?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.