Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does every one think of haydels calls like timber cutter or the red leg varatone?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I used to have a like DR-18 or something like that and it was a really loud call........unfortunately I lost all of the guts when I was hunting...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nearly all the duck calls on the market are good calls. some require more air than others. some may take a little more practice. but they are all pretty good. if you'll notice most duck hunters will own several duck calls from different makers cause duck hunters are hard to satisfy :thumbsup: But i do have some haydel's game calls and like them very much. I think they make the best woodduck call on the market. Eli Haydel will be at our first Delta waterfowl banquet at paris, tennessee this october 16 at 6 pm. he will be there in support of the kids with some duck calls. :cool:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I use a DR-85 easy to blow great sound in most conditions. Hard to beat for the money. just can't stand on it. (personal experience)

·
Registered
11 Posts
First rate calls, made by first class people. Had the opportunity to have dinner with Rod in Memphis at the DU festival this year and know they are great people.

I really like the Dirty Rice Mallard call, but my favorite Haydels is still the DR-85. There's is absolutely no telling how many ducks this thing has called to their death, and for $15 you can't beat it.

OU

1 - 5 of 5 Posts