Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where would be a good start for me heading up to ND for my first time duck huntin'? Devils Lake area, Oakes, Jamestown? or any advices? alot of public lands around or will need to ask farmers, have been up to Oakes back in 97 or 98 for pheasant hunting and there were alot of pot holes and saw alot of ducks, found some public lands. Might be heading up on 21,22,23 and 24th. well help me out for some areas that could provide me the most options of public lands. Good Huntin'

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey,
I'm originally from Jamestown, ND, (now live in CO :thumbsdown:) and miss the duck hunting there big time. If you have a map, concentrate on an imaginary box bordered by Bowdon, Sykeston, Windsor, and Dawson. Stay north of I-94 and hit the back roads -- you'll find plenty of water and land that isn't posted. I've got a buddy back there who said the out of state hunters have "zones" they can hunt in -- not sure if it will limit you from hunting in these areas. Stay away from Devils Lake. All of the out of towners go there, and some even sit on the lake and shoot divers! :toofunny: This area (the box) also has a lot of Partridge, Grouse, and some Pheasant, so be ready for those.
Lodging? Stay in Jamestown.
Hope this helps, and have a good one.

JN

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks nodakguyinco for the tips, I am planning on hitting up the michigan area which is only 3 1/2 hours from where i live, i was first thinking of the McCluskey area but the drive is long but might worth the hunt though. Heard that alot people are hunting around Devils Lake.

you said that I could find some land that are not posted so that means its okay i can go hunt on it even its not posted? I picked up a PLOTS map and looked at it... and yes there are 4 zones for out of state hunters when purchasing their license for specific zone to hunt in.. like deer hunting in MN! well thanks again... Good Huntin' :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.