Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
I'm looking for a headlamp that is super bright with a wide field. Budget is 100$ or so. What do you guys have?

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Look in Cabelas on line. They probably have 50 or more, a great selection and almost all under $100. The one listed by duplex is a hell of a light but no one needs an 1800 lumen head lamp. And $169 is a lot of $$$ for a light.
I personally like the ones that use aa or aaa batteries over the rechargeable ones because if a rechargeable runs low while out in the boondocks you are out of luck. I just carry an extra set or two of batteries with me and if the light dims I just change out the batteries. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Black diamond. It's believe the model is called spot, but 100% on the name. It's going strong for 5 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Get the eBay boruit headlamp.

It's $20, bright as he'll, and I can get a few hunts out of one charge.

You can buy better batteries that'll last longer, but I just got the wall and vehicle charger instead.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've had one of these for 2 yrs.

https://www.petzl.com/US/en/Sport/PERFO ... EtX4LIrKM8

VERY bright, but it has a sensor that detects the distance to object and adjust the light accordingly.

So out on open water look up and forward full power 220 lumens, looking down at a map dims to reading level of light.

Backcountry guides swear by it and I'm a believer works great for setting out decoys

·
Registered
15 Posts
Philip K said:
Black diamond. It's believe the model is called spot, but 100% on the name. It's going strong for 5 years now.

I say go with the Black Diamond Sport. Crazy bright green or red led, dimmable, and the white is dang near blinding at night on full power. I'd used a petzl for years, but wanted to upgrade to something with a dedicated green led and not just a slide cover. I paid under 40 for mine and would easily pay double for it now. Absolutely worth the coin!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Taylor71491401 said:
Philip K said:

I say go with the Black Diamond Sport. Crazy bright green or red led, dimmable, and the white is dang near blinding at night on full power. I'd used a petzl for years, but wanted to upgrade to something with a dedicated green led and not just a slide cover. I paid under 40 for mine and would easily pay double for it now. Absolutely worth the coin!
I'll throw in the Black Diamond Storm. Waterproof, great field of vision, and even though I just recently purchased it, I would say that it is so far one of my favorite head lamps I have ever bought.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'll second black diamond, good tough headlamp pretty light to. However, my cabelas headlamp with the battery pack on the back of the headband is a good bit brighter.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts