Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My female dog turned a year in jan and went out of her first heat about the same time. Yesterday my g/f had them out when i was at work and she noticed my male dog on top of her takin care of buisness. They didnt get locked and it couldn't have been going on for more than a min. When i got home i checked her out and didnt see any signs of here being in heat. So i just played it off as my g/f not knowing what she saw. Well this morning when i let them outside i saw the male try again.
The vet said that my female wouldnt allow it unless she was in heat, but she sure wasnt fighting him off... I know have them seperated and am keeping a close eye on them.,.....could someone tell me whats going on?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I dont know really but my girl is not in heat but when I take her to my buds house his big ol boy tries and assume the position. She dont really fight him off either so I dont know I guess so are just EASY :toofunny:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont think it was dominance. she was just standing there and he was sporting a red rocket. i did talk to the vet and they said that maybe it was a silent heat. but i still dont know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.