Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Daughter recently moved to the Bremerton area in Washington state.I researched a bit and found out that WA has a very appealling duck season-107 days and 7 mallards per day!! :eek: Well I was thinking that I should visit my lttle girl out that aways and maybe catch a little duck hunting while I'm at it :yes:
So here's my question,for someone such as myself would I be better off with a guide or is there sufficient public/open land to free lance.
Most likely won't get out there till next season but its not to early to plan.

Don't know a thing about the pacific flyway so any advice is appreciated :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I don't know anything about western washington, but if you do not know anyone from the area you will either want someone from the site to take you out, or just hire a guide. thats a long ways to travel and not get any birds!

Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Being from the East coast (Maryland) and moving to Washington I can tell you it is well worth the trip. I think that the hunting here is as good if not better for waterfowl. I think you should hire a guide to eliminate the hassel of transportation your own gear or buying. Also you are going to increase your shooting chances. I can give you several guides names that I know who can help assist you. You need to decide a diver trip on the coast, field hunt for geese or a cobo over water.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hunted Washington State all my life. Mostly on the west side but also on the east side at multiple places for the past 36 years. Depending on your location and what you would like to pursue there are many different opportunities to do well. I live in the northwestern part of the state on the water. I hunt a lot of ducks on the shoreline, in the grain fields, along the rivers and lakes and do quite well. I also hunt snow geese in the bay and brant. In eastern Washington, I hunt the Moses Lake and Othello areas and once in a while around the Tri-cities and on the Columbia. I have only hunted the early season goose hunts in southwest Washington. If there are any specific questions I can help you with, leave me a note and I will try to help you out!
Thanks!
DawgMD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.