Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all duckhunters in ct, I have moved to Fairfield county three year's ago. Since then I have hunted two seasons in this state and I have too say that I am not dissapointed. I had excepsonal gunning in the maryland area were i have lived all my life, but there are some magnificent hunting area's in fairfield county. I don't know if there are alot of hunter's that use the waters down here but i don't see many other hunters most of the time i'm out only with my trusty retreiver black jack. When i moved i lost my hunting buddy, Except when i go back to my old stomping grounds to shoot some white geese on my uncle's farm, Which I have many opportunities to go my job gives me alot of time to play. I have shot alot of bills, some cans and alot of goldeneye. Late goose season was fabulous out of six hunts I was only short one bird one day. Where on the coast can i find some common eider thats all i need to finish my collection. I have viewed this site many times just did not have allot of time to post things were hectic with the job plus jamming in all that hunting. :smile: :thumbsup: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

·
Registered
311 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: If you need some eider or any of the other seadaks send me a pm -shooting those birds is no problem -
We hunt down your way for divers and Honks also :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would appreciate info and any cost or possibly a swap hunt for snow geese or southern ct diver shoots. We shot snows last week and my uncle said there is more birds now (we did twenty three last weekend should have had more but was not shooting well Thats hunting)

Thanks Hens Only

PS love the name hope its only a joke

·
Registered
438 Posts
:welcome: Always nice to have a new guy on board! Sounds like you did pretty well, nice job. Like hens only said, if it's eider and other seaducks you wish,thats no prob for next year. Would definately consider a swap for snows. Actually leaving this afternoon to go with a guide down that way for snows. I love those birds. Send me a pm and we'll definately set something up for next year!!

·
Registered
870 Posts
:welcome: Mr Hammer

Shot 3 eider in Niantic this year when scoter hunting, saw quite a few also in passing.

When I go hunting for eider it's in RI for close to home day hunts or weekend trips to Maine.

For divers in CT I usually hunt the Norwalk Islands. When I have a open seat I post it up here and see if anyone is interested in going out on my boat with me. Keep an eye out for postings.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hens Only:

Leaving afternoon Wed 27th, for snows. I'll take you up on the swap for Eider. Please respond to meet off of I-95. Maybe Stamford? Talked to my Uncle and the field is stacked. Make it happen. (I like that saying) Hens down. Ha Ha.

Hammer :hammer:

·
Registered
532 Posts
:welcome: Hammer

I know I am alittle late but have not been aound in awhile, started scouting for next year already. I can say for sure that if you get a chance to hunt with the Major next season you should go ahead and take it, I did and had a great time with the Major and Pops.

·
Registered
47 Posts
hello im new here hunt new haven area..i hear hen can help me out!! i need to find a private field to hunt geese in ct.any tips? or to find a hunting friend that has places to go !! i have 8 dozen goose decoys 5doz are avery shells flocked heads some fully flocked 3 doz full bodys averys flocked heads 2doz are full body flocked........any info or help id be thankfull..pluss im 40yrs old been hunting 20yrs so im not a jerk off that ya cant trust

·
Registered
870 Posts
stiffer67 said:
i need to find a private field to hunt geese in ct.any tips? or to find a hunting friend that has places to go !!
That's harder to find than hens teeth, good luck with that :thumbsup: :biggrin:

That's why I ended up buying a big boat as I could not find any private land to hunt from. At least this way i can hunt below the high tide mark and be legal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
yea i have a boat we use for our sea ducking broadbill and such..some geese..maybe this season comeing il do better just updated my goose decoys to averys life sized flocked floaters..looking for a field cuz i like thaT stlye of hunt for early season goose thanks any how

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.