Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just bought a tracker 1448 and would really appreciate some advice on motor selection(thinking about 23 mini md)storage ideas, blinds,and camo paint,boat all ready has a home made camo job(not a good one).it would really help to see some pictures of anyone who has this kind of boat.basically got boat and tralier only :help:

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you can get your hands on Tak'em 6 from H.S. that would give you plenty of ideas - it has probably 30 minutes of bonus features where barnie calef takes a tracker grizzly from barebones to pimped out. I know this isn't a lot of help if you can't get your hands on the video, but thought I'd suggest it.

They show how to build a fixed blind made out of conduit, skin it in aluminum, prime and paint it, rig the electrical, build in HUGE storage, waterproof the entire cabin, add floatation, and build in a console right into the blind, just to name a few things.

Have fun - I can't wait until it is my turn to do the same :thumbsup:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Heres some pics for ya! 2005 Tracker grizzly 1548, from bare bones hull to this.( I think its pimped out). run a 35 HP johnson. Top speed two large men, large dog and 5 dozen dekes,guns and gear is prolly 28 MPH. I have replaced the floor and back deck with aluminum about twoo weeks ago and it lightened and quited the boat, Pods are project for this summer. here ya go!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Pillowcasr, great idea on the wire tube....I may have to copy that for my 1654....Did you rivet them to the sides of the boat with those brackets? I want to put my battery under the front deck and was wondering how I would run the wires to the rear.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How did you attach the floor to the boat, did you screw it fast to the ribs. And also you said that you added an aluminum floor how much did this cost and can you send pics of the floor and the back deck that you were talking about. I have the same boat and have been thinking of doing this but concerned about the cost.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Alright, here ya go.

You can see the alum. angle used to support the rear deck. the rear deck is 1 inch box tube welded as you see with the .125 alum screwed to the top with self tappers, panhead.

NOw the floor is the same sheet of alum.125. Had to notch the 4x8 which was cut to 4x6 (1548) to fit around the ribs. There is two inch pink foam insulation underneathe the floor for added floatation if need (hopefully not) and to quite the ride. It absolutley quited the ride from the floor you see in the previous pic.

Now I just ordered the Hydroturf for all the flat surfaces. will take pics as soon as it arrives and is put in. This will help with the summer time heat.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Yes, it is just screwd down with the foam insulation panels beneath. I can still hose the boat out, but I was thinking that at least once a year(after duck season) I would take it out to do a real good cleaning underneath and replace any foam if needed. I don't expect that stuff to last forever.

Oh yeah there is four screws per rib. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
That was going to be my next question, is it screwed down or welded. Also how much did this cost for you to do. I am thinking of doing the same thing with my 1448 as well as adding sheets to the sides to hide the ribs then adding a gun box along one of the sides nothing to wide just enough to sit on and put 2 or 3 guns and some life jackets in what do you all think. Also has anyone used the do it yourself storage kits from Cabelas the ones with the hatches and the drop in liners am thinking of adding 1 or 2 of those as well in the back seat and on the front casting deck.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Well as far as cost the sheet of alum was about 100 bucks, my neighbor here at my shop works with alum. He gets it for cost, as did I. Total score. Its not diamond plate either, its just smooth finish.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.