Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddies and I have been hunting like crazy in thurston and mason county but we just see ruddy ducks all day.
we hunted beaver pond in tenino, a pond off of 101 and the skoke area.
I need some new spots where I can get a couple of mallards. we are willing to travel around mason thurston. Please help me I dont want to have such a crap season next year.

also, check out the new mapping system at the WDFW website its killer but they need our input on how it could be better.
https://fortress.wa.gov/dfw/gohunt/gohu ... tartup.jsp

·
Registered
362 Posts
Paul
My buddy would die for some ruddys. They are his favorite. Maybe could trade u a good day of diver hunt for a good day of mallards up here for next year! We got pleny of nice holes and could get mallards, wigeon and pinny's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
love to trade a ruddy for a mallard and new spots are welcomed check the messages I sent to VWguy and Robberwood.

also I caught word that saltwater hunting is illegal right now.
no firing over salt water at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Saltwater hunting illegal? ROFL Definately not true........ With one trick exception......

Duck Season is over so possibly related yes. :yes:

Crabbing in Saltwater DEFINATELY CLOSED
Crabbing in De Ja VU in Federal Way? DEFINATELY OPEN :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey guys, new to this discussion, but im in. i got out of the military last dec. and hunted late december january and febuary. mostly along hwy 12 and the rochester and oakville, and also i have a few areas near elma that i saw a lot of pintails and mallards. i hunted last year by myself and a few times with another guy from the tacoma area. would like some company in the field. i am going scouting tomorrow really early, i'll be in rochester around 5am my email is [email protected] email me and i will email back tonight "hopefully someone's in . . . "

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey guys. I just moved over here from Spokane. I have a fair amount of time for scouting right now. I've been using my gps maps and google earth in combination with scouting and other research and would like to exchange info and chat with other westside hunters.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Guys & Gals,

I am looking for some spots as well. I have Mallard, Pintail, Widgeon & Teal deks and also one hell of a dog. Does blind retrieves and is a marking fool, and best of all she doesn't take up much room or WHINE in the blind. I'd be willing to share all that and 1/2 the work for some good hunts. Let me know.

[email protected]

MSG Grumpy

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
My brother and I have had many good hunts on Lk Kapowsin in Orting. We take our poles as well and typically hunt for a few hours, then fish the rest of the day. If anything makes the mistake of flying over while we're fishing.... oops.

I'd like to find some good River or field hunts. I'd be willing to pay a guide if they put us into some wing hunting. I've never hunted a river before... we've hit my dads 16acres every weekend this season, but I hate putting too much heat on the same spot every day.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.