Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick Question....

I'm trying to plan a hunt for my father and myself as a gift. I've hunted Arkansas after Thanksgiving and had very good luck. I want to take him somewhere nice, where he dosent need to buy a whole lot of new equipment since he dosent hunt a whole lot. Any suggesions ?? I need a place with nice accomidations. Any help would be great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guide Service... no free lancing here. Compared to most, i'm a amataur duck hunter. I've spent my hunting experience with rabbits and rabbit dogs... and im moving into something different

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
You may want to be a bit more specific for what you are looking for...

Region like LA or AR or ND or Canada or which flyway... and the type of hunting you are looking for.... timber, fields, ponds, layout boats, etc... and species you are after...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking the MISS flyway and hunting in Arkansas or Lousiana. I'm not sure which kind of duck i'd be into hunting for. The last time I went, I guess you would call it a pond setup. We went out and worked blinds in the water. Like a marsh. HELP !!!!!!!!

·
Banned
11,694 Posts
You need to decide what type of hunting. Timber or field is the choice you will most likely get.
To help you decide...tell us about your father. How old is he and how good of physical condition is he in?
I have two or three places I could recommend but would like to get a good fit. Pm me the details.

If you want a variety of ducks... choose field. Timber is mostly greenheads, woodies, and a possible teal. 99 percent mallards.
I do know a private guide who has a small lake in timber that they kill all sorts of ducks out of. Near Jonesboro, Arkansas.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
aunt betty said:
You need to decide what type of hunting. Timber or field is the choice you will most likely get.
To help you decide...tell us about your father. How old is he and how good of physical condition is he in?
I have two or three places I could recommend but would like to get a good fit. Pm me the details.

If you want a variety of ducks... choose field. Timber is mostly greenheads, woodies, and a possible teal. 99 percent mallards.
I do know a private guide who has a small lake in timber that they kill all sorts of ducks out of. Near Jonesboro, Arkansas.
AB- Look at the dates of this thread :yes: :lol3: Get some more coffee and wake up. :lol3:

·
Registered
14,697 Posts
AKPirate said:
aunt betty said:

AB- Look at the dates of this thread :yes: :lol3: Get some more coffee and wake up. :lol3:
hahaha, must be on that good gonj this am

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
grizz18 said:
AKPirate said:
aunt betty said:

hahaha, must be on that good gonj this am
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Damn AB, you pulled this one up from the depths!! I think this is the first time I've seen someone bump at 10 year old thread with an honest answer to the OP, rather than just a 'bump' post... :huh:

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
How did this even come up? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Nice AB :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
There are some great outiftters in northeast montana, great place. I plan on taking my dad there in the next few years

1 - 13 of 13 Posts