Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
First off get your going to want to sand everything down to metal. Then apply your primer then lightly wet sand out all runs little bubbles... then apply your base coat usually a Dark green again wet sand out all run's and bubbles then apply you second base coat for it was a lighter Green. I taped off the whole thing and make me a frame for my foliage such as grass leaves and sticks. Then cut the leaves sticks grass out then spray with your lighter green. let dry and make other stencils for like hard stem grass and again cover whole thing out then place your pattern for your new grass and paint it with a Dark to light brown mixing up..

But do not Apply clear coat for this is expensive and will give your boat unwanted shine but your paint will not have as much shiny and depth as would with clear.

Also beware when you wet sand base coat you will take off some paint and it will need to be reapplied.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.