Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will you take the time to contact your MN legislator about the legislation?
Yes, I took the time and contacted my Legislators.4100.00%
No, I do not care about Minnesota's natural resources.00.00%

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So you want to make a difference? Well 115,000 Registered Mn waterfowl hunters did not show up for the Rally, so here is what you can do to help.

Write a letter to your legislators
Did you know the 584 letters is what it took to get the Reinvest In MN (RIM) legislation passed? That is how few it took--so your vioce carries ALOT of weight, thus it is that important for you to contact your 2 legislators!

You can find your 2 legislators (1 Senator and 1 Representative) using this link www.leg.state.mn.us/leg/Districtfinder.asp

Please copy and relay this to all of your hunting, fishing, environmental, family and friends, and such and ask that they also contact thier legislators and pass it on too.

Here is an example of a letter for the legislators, just change a couple of things to personalize it.

Dear __________,

I live in your district and want to convey to you how important some of envirnmental issues are for me that are up for consideration in the legislature. They are:

-The MN Clean Water Legacy Act which would raise $80million a year to clean up our waters.

-Dedicating 1/4 of 1% of our sales tax for our natural resources here in MN and that a citizens board over sees it.

-That the LCMR be overhauled and rolled into the same citizens board as the above to remove all "polictics" from the process.

-$20million + per year for our Wildlife Management Areas.

I sincerely urge you to support the above too by voting for and helping get the above legistalation passed that would make them into laws which would benefit ALL of the MN citizens.

Thank you for your attention to these matters that I strongly support.

Sincerely,

Full name
Full address
phone

Hand (legible) written letters are best, typed letters second best, a phone call third, and an email last for the most impact on a legislator. If you send an email--in the subject line--add, "I live in your district" that gets their attention! Bottom line is do one of the above!!!!

If emailing--also CC a copy to the leadership of Speaker of the House Sviggum and Sen Majority Leader Dean Johnson so they know the legislators are getting pressured.

So please take 15 minutes of your time to make a diffenrence! It is the #1 thing you can do to help to get things changed for the MN outdoors!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.