Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like I said in the topic below, I'm looking to buy a half doz. canadas for my spread. Should I go with the Carry- lite weighted keel floating goose decoys, or the Herter's model 96 goose decoys?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I wouldn't buy anything but Bigfoots or G&H. If you go with the cheap decoys you get cheap results. If you are gonna invest that much, you might as well get something that will last.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'll have to agree with them. I bought nothing but carry lites the first year out and I've regretted it ever since. The paint is more flaky than a politician!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Without a doubt, the Herter's geese float the best (ride the waves most realistically), but their heads are waiting to get shot off and the stem breaks. If you plan on hauling them around a lot and banging them up, go with plastic. If you don't mind repairing dekes every other year and want something that handles the water like cork...go with Herter's.

My two cents: I went with Herter's for years, but now the G&H's are what I take out because they are lighter and I don't feel bad banging them around! As for ducks, I put out my Herter's burlap covered cans whenever I am diver hunting. Heavy, but great in the water.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
if i only had a choice of heters or carrylites. i would have to go with herters.but you cant go wrong with g&h or bigfoots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts