Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Hey brother! :salude:

I spend my time between Peters Creek (between Wasilla and Eagle River), and Talkeetna. I spend every minute I can afford to in the marsh. I love yer signature, it is sooo true! Hey if you want just send me a e-mail: [email protected]

See ya in the marshes,
-SR

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I'm not sure what flyway we have.

But as far as the types of ducks... Wow, there are alot of different types.

Mallards are deffinitely the most common. We get some canvas backs, sea ducks (whatever those are), I think even some redheads in the EARLY season.

We get Canada's, alot of them.

Not to mension the ungodly amount of those swans, which are not legal to hunt.

I'm sure I'm forgettin somthin, feel free to add on more posts.

-Stouff

·
Registered
672 Posts
Alska *******. You got me so excited by seeing that somebody other than me has made a post in the Iowa Forum. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any time you want to chat bird's drop a line :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
No Prob. Ill be sure to drop by there often, (I just found out that is a good way to make new friends, especially when times are slow)

By the way, I was really shocked to see another post in the AK sec. I didnt know what to do.... Then it hit me.... Clik on it! :laughing:

-Stouff

·
Registered
672 Posts
That would be awesome to go black bear hunting someday. Are the bug's terrible this time of year. Been to canada fishing in August before and they were terrible. Good luck hope you get a nice bruin.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
duckdog said:
That would be awesome to go black bear hunting someday. Are the bug's terrible this time of year. Been to canada fishing in August before and they were terrible. Good luck hope you get a nice bruin.
Yeah, the bugs are/were pretty bad... And bear huntin is alot of hard work w/a potential for a sweet reward :mrgreen:

duckdog said:
how is the duck, and goose hatch looking way up north here in iowa it is not to bad, alot better than last year
I have seen several ducklings swim w/ their mothers in the lake where I train my dog...... It should be a pretty good season!!! :smile:

duckdog said:
Hey *******, how did you do on your bear hunt???.
For that answer, go to the outdoor activites forum..... Its all in there, including pics!!!

BTW-Thanks for your faithful posting in the Alaska forum..... For some reason, I thought I had responded to these..... Dang memory!!!! :hammering:

:salude:
-Stouff

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
According to the information I have read you are unique and do not belong in any specific fly way as ducks/migratory birds in Alaska go to and come from several fly ways.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
:eek: I guess I'll have to eat some crow here as DU shows Alaska as being in the Pacific Flyway

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
To cook crow you have to use 1lb onions,1/2 cup blk pepper and one qt blk rum. Cook crow on low heat after sprinkling liberaly with pepper add 1/2 the onions and 1oz of rum. Saute' the rest of the onions separately. When done throw crow away eat the saute'd onions and drink the rum and forget why you were gonna eat that damn thing in the first place. :laughing:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.