Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just because I am bored I will ask the following question. My wife makes the BEST chicken, biscuit and gravy. It is so good it is like God himself touched the food. (I'm not kidding) So, my question is...what is the best/favorite home cooked meal your wife, mom, girlfriend, or whatever makes?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
My mom makes awesome stews and unbeatable deserts in general. (Apple Crumble and beef stwe would to be her specialties in my book) I inhereted the stew gene though. A like a good simple meal, and stews are my favorite. No one I know can turn down my venison stew. I had good results with a venison pie this year, and my brother does an excellent grouse wild rice soup.

On another note , if you can't make a good grilled cheese you can't come to our deer camp! :hammering:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
i am from southern alabama. my wife is from southern georgia. everything she cooks is good. i do like your description though snafu. i'll have to use that on my wife the next time she turns out a pot of home-made chicken and dumplins, friend chicken, pork chops with black-eyed peas & rice, etc.

do y'all remember the national lampoon's vegas vacation movie? and i quote randy quaid at the $3 all-you-can-eat buffet...."i don't know about y'all but that is goooooood, good!"

lmao.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Porcupine meatballs cooked in cream of mushroom soup, served on a bed of mashed potatoes and sweet corn. No they're not made from road-kill. they're made with ground meat with onions, garlic and minute rice. When the rice cooks and swells it pokes out the side of the meatballs. Hence the word porcupine. I actually stole this recipe from my mother and gave it to my wife. I know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow! :salude:

·
Registered
452 Posts
my wife is a good cook makes all kind of creations, but my favorite is her thanksgiving dinner! turkey with all the trimmings! she makes the best. that meal lasts me for a year. every year it gets better. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
452 Posts
:toofunny: i love pizza!

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Snafu518 said:
OK,OK,OK,OK...besides pizza. Geez guys. :hammering:
ok..lol. actually, my wife is a pretty good cook.

can't really say i had much of "mom's home cookin'" growing up. my real mom ditched us when i was like 5 and then my dad remarried when i was 14 to a gal only 9 years older than me and whose repretoir of food was either quiche or hamburgers. lol. and i don't do quiche.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Theres only 2 things that my wife can't cook.........lunch and dinner!! I do all of the cooking in our house. Deep dish pizza is probably my best. I make everything from scratch, even the sauce at times. My specialty is bread, nothing like fresh baked bread!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Mine got her mothers cooking genes. Born and raised on Long Island, with money, moved to L.A. Cali. with money. What's that tell ya? We actually have a little sign in our kitchen that says "I made my favorite thing for dinner tonight, a reservation". I hope she doesn't read this. I'll have to change my password now.
:help:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.