Duck Hunting Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
624 Posts
dukhnter7 said:
Theres only 2 things that my wife can't cook.........lunch and dinner!!
I do all of the cooking in our house. Deep dish pizza is probably my best. I make everything from scratch, even the sauce at times. My specialty is bread, nothing like fresh baked bread!
Isn't that the same meal? Down in the South you eat dinner at noon and lunch is something that is eaten at noon but ain't as fancy.

I can't narrow it down to one thing, because my wife is an excellent cook and I love to eat anything. Her chicken and dumplings from scratch would have to be toward the top though. Nobody can beat my fried fish or grilled back straps, though. :salude:

· Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
GA, I would like to challenge you to fried fish cook off. My fish rocks. I will even share my secret. Beer battered (wet batter) and fried in butter flavored crisco. If you you don't love it, you eat quiche, are gay or french. Or you did not do it right...take your pick. :thumbsup:

· Registered
624 Posts
My wife says that you don't have a chance, but I've never tried wet batter. Would like to, though. Do just mix your breading (corn meal, etc.) with beer and dip the fish in it? Let me know. I always soak mine in buttermilk then cover them with a 3 to 1 mixture of corn meal and flour with season salt and black pepper to taste. For crispier fish leave out the flour. :salude:

· Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Doggone GA that sounds good. No I cheat. I buy the batter mix. Golden Dipt beer batter. Egg and milk, mix it with the powder (to make a wet mix) fry and get heart disease and high cholesterol. I am telling all you guys, no matter how you bread your fish...just once, try the butter flavored crisco. I want to try to duck the same way. Trust me on this one. Really.

· Registered
2,318 Posts
snafu, respectfully, i have to place my money on ga for this fish-off! you northerners just don't know good until you have had southern fried anything. i am sure the PA style fish is good. it's not your fault though. fryin food is in our genes!!! of course, i wouldn't pass up the opportunity to be a judge of said fish frying contest. say when and where... :toofunny:

· Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Shrpshtr, you have a point there. Never thought of it like that. But when it comes to stuff like this...I will try my best, and if lose I lose. At least I would have some tasty fish from the north and south. I will be down south in a month and a half for the 600. I love it down there.

· Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Friday to Monday. I have to hit speed street. I have to buy a few of those $6.00 beers and get a burger at the Fox and Hound. (met the miller lite girls there 2 years ago...HOT!!!!) The Busch race being held at night kinda screwed up a band I wanted to see Sat night. But I am there for racing, so that is what I (we) will do. Hope the weather is as nice as it was last year. If you want to drink a few beers together...let me know. Maybe we could scout for some ducks just for the fun of it. My wife might frown on that though.

· Registered
2,318 Posts
sounds like are schedules are about the same. we'll definitely have to get a few beers. i'll pm you my cell phone later on and we can arrange something.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.