Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'M THINKING OF BUILDING A SMALL DUCK BOAT. I HUNT SMALL WATER AND NEED SOMETHING FOR TWO HUNTERS WITH ABOUT A 10 HP FOR POWER. I'M NOT MUCH OF A CARPENTER BUT HAVE A LOT OF TIME OVER THE SUMMER. ANY IDEAS ON PLANS, TYPE OF BOAT. THERE ARE SO MANY PLANS ON THE NET BUT I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE IS EASY TO FOLLOW. ANY IDEAS OR PICTURE WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
my first boat was awhile back, and I donot know if the plans are still available on-line....but try: www.remmark.com/layoutboat.htm It's actually a neat boat....but as with all my boats I 'modified' the plans as I went along and I fiberglassed the entire boat and IMO made it 'better' for me. It's probably not big enough for your needs though.

I got a video tape with the plans and it made the whol;e construction process soooo easy. For example, I did not know anything about scarffing...they show just how to do it ....another technique I learned was to rabbit joint. Each of these are many time elementary to carpenters and others involved with wood but for me the video was super to learn.

From there I went on to much more complicated projects and there are a host of great on-line sources for advanced techniques. But those basic in the video have helped me on a myriad of projects not even associated with boatbuilding.

Try looking at Devlin's boats... there are links etc on the DuckHuntersBoat page (which is a great site to gain knowledge, tips and general input about our boats). Devlin instructions are excellent...and you can even get study plans to assist you in determining what boat is best for your needs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am in the process of building a web page with boat plans. I will post it when I am done with it.
These plans are free
I will keep all of you updated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.