Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Fred I agree 100% that's one POS nobody else is gotta worry about. But the problem he's going to have is that he shot at him and the guy fled, then the law is going to consider him or his family was no longer in danger, then he got in his vechicle and ran over him multipe times (3x). My dad is one of the chief officers at the Cumberland County Detention center in fayetteville I'll get his take on it when I see him the weekend. I feel he'd of been better off just to shot him in the head and dropped his azz right there.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well, I come from Texas, and that's how things are looked upon over there.

That's why a jury of your peers is so important. And, it's your lawyers job to pick a "GOOD" jury.

And, I don't feel that the threat was removed. "Sir, I distinctly heard him say that he was going to get his gun, and kill us both. I believed him, and took immediate action to remove the threat."

I'd let him off at this point. But, if they were all dope dealing piles of dog dooky, I'd say, fry him.

·
Registered
208 Posts
what im interested is why the father of the guy could say that it was not his sons fault. It seems to me none of this would have happened had the man not assulted the woman and tried to rob her in the first place....maybe im just wrong though.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
this is crazy, there are some winners out there in todays society. this guy is gonna burn, i dont see him gettin off. what he did was by no means in my eye wrong, but as already pointed out the man fled the scene. had he dropped him dead at the crime scene he would be off with justifiable homicide. instead he chased him and ran him over, which in turn makes it murder. i say the man has already been arrested on charges of assaulting a female and misdemeanor child abuse in the past so burn him anyways. he's low life scum too and doesnt deserve to breathe any more than the guy that tried to rob his wife.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
didnt notice that the guy was a loser himself... oh well, one scumbag down, many more to go. The whole thing was probably over drugs or something illegal anyway.

·
Registered
740 Posts
From what I can tell they were both dirt bags. One dirt bag got caught for killing another dirt bag and now the first dirt bag will probably go to jail or get the death penalty. Sounds good to me. I like it when they kill each other...one less dirt bag that our tax dollars are waisted on.

·
Registered
297 Posts
First off, Wet9500 you are absolutly right. would have been better if they both were illegals. I Am not sure why the husband took two warning shots. :huh: If it were me (and yes i have been in similar situations without a gun) My first warning shot would have been in his brain bucket the second would have been in his heart. :hammer: Thats all the warning that guy would have had from me. i would rather explain a killing than to defend against a live crimal. I would feel guilty for as long as it would take to step over his dead body to comfort my wife. I however would not run him down in my truck. (sh*t splatters you know). That is no longer justifiable homicide. No matter what state you are in. Thats my two cents.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
much easier to explain to the judge what happened when the guy is dead than when alive. shoot first ask questions later.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sounds like voluntary mansluaghter to me, unless the jury finds that a reasonable person would no longer have been in the heat of passion. But it probably won't make it that far. Due to his wife being attacked, the DA will let him plead to involuntary manslaughter.

·
Registered
297 Posts
duckctr you are probably right. I Think that the DA would rather get a guaranteed conviction of involuntary manslaughter than to take it to trial and put the wife on the stand. A good attourney would make it look like justice.

·
Registered
443 Posts
drake~slayer said:
duckctr you are probably right. I Think that the DA would rather get a guaranteed conviction of involuntary manslaughter than to take it to trial and put the wife on the stand. A good attourney would make it look like justice.
Well, the reason cases plead is that the justice system can't take even a portion of the charges to trial. But, from watching the news, it looks like Grannis is going to make an example of him (no bond). If they're not letting him out on bond, a plea is probably out of the question. I just don't see any way they can get a 1st degree jury conviction...2nd degree at most.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
i still say burn mother @#$%!^ burn...this man has abused a woman and a child in the past and now has instead of killin someone on the spot for tryin to rob his wife, ran them down with his truck and ran them over not once but 3 times. this man should hang!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I do not think the victim attacked his wife. The guy has a background that makes him "a danger to public." Hate to stereotype the fella, but he looks like trouble. Probably what happened was the guy might have said some flirty to the woman, or just looked at her. Then the guys had to stick their chests out, and became to talk smack. Then I think the guy lost it, and ran over the other man.

"He attacked my wife"

So you run over him with a freakin car?

In a attack you can defend, defend with the same force being used on you, with the sole intent to get the attacker off.

The second he is off, and you go after him you just flipped the roles. You are now the attacker.

Then the guy leaves. I think if I kill a guy innocently then I think I will stick by the body to explain.

Things just don't add up to me. He might be telling the truth, but it smells fishy to me.

And, as many of you have said mess with my wife and...

I am the say way, but with the laws of today you have to be careful what you do.

In my truck right now is a mossberg loaded with non lethals...do you think 3 of the balls that come out of the old school pc mouse flying at 400 fps will hurt? I do...

Along with a can of oc 17 magnum pepper spray.

·
Registered
217 Posts
QuackJunkie said:
In my truck right now is a mossberg loaded with non lethals...do you think 3 of the balls that come out of the old school pc mouse flying at 400 fps will hurt? I do...

Along with a can of oc 17 magnum pepper spray.
QJ, that's fine but if someone's comes at your wife with a gun you think that they are going to have old school mouse balls in it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.