Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright people, seasons are now open, at least in all of Michigan, so how about some field reports?
I'm heading to Michigan's Upper Peninsula this weekend, so I'll report back on Monday.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lets hear from all states............weather reports would be great too! I always check to see waht's happening in Moose Jaw up in Canada to see what's heading for Michigan..........

· Registered
8 Posts
I'm from Estevan Saskatchewan Can. which is south of Moose Jaw. The ducks are starting to hit heavily and the cranes are coming and going in big #'s. The geese however arn't really hittin the peak yet a few snows and canadas around right know but our weather is extremely windy and possible chances of snow well good luck to all hunters because huntins great here

· Registered
1,419 Posts
In Mississippi our season doesn't open till November 26th :eek: But, doesnt close until Jan.30th :thumbsup: Seen a few woodies and a few teal however :cool: Expecting the snows to start showing up if we get some cold stuff. Y'all have a nice day :salude:

· Registered
1,702 Posts
I don't know a thing about duck hunting ( stupid newbie) but I can tell you what I see. The wooded swamps are providing me with the most chances to see how bad I shoot. I did more missing in an open marsh tonite. From what I have seen they are... doing whatever ducks do. :getdown: The dancing banana is funny. I need to shoot more woodies...I need to shoot better.

· Registered
88 Posts
Cotz, where you headed to in the U.P.????

As of this morning the divers are en mass :eek: in Green Bay. We have been slamming them out of the layout! :thumbsup: Gonna hit her hard this weekend.

Field hunted some mallards and woodies last weekend. Lots of geese migrating through the area right now. I sure wish we could hunt them, cause we could really stack em' up right now.

Lots of sandhill cranes migrating also.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW

Thanks all you duck hunters! What a wonderful response! I'll be hunting Big Bay DeNoc, Layout Hunter, so I'll let you know how they are a bit north of your area. Good to hear that the divers are down. I've got a single Kalash too at my cottage. Only I'll be alone this weekend, so I'll just end up dragging it out from shore a few hunderd yards.very shallow up in the north end of BBD. I've got a fixed water blind out in front of the cottage if its too rough for laying out.
The following weekend I'll be on Saginaw Bay near Pinnconning going after divers with some friends that have property there, so I hope to give some further word on the migration.........
Good shooting to all!
P.S. sure would like to trade some of that fantastic southern shooting for some huge whitetail hunting in michigan's U.P. :salude:

· Registered
88 Posts
Cotz, you can kill all those deer running around here :laughing: Those "woods rats" are everywhere. I have to slow down every night after work going home. I think they are starting to get a little rutty.

I'll be gunning in Lk Erie/Detroit river this year for there late duck season with some old buddies.

· Registered
8 Posts
Snows are starting to move now and the malards are hittin hard yesterday we got ou limit of 24 mallards 16 green head out of those we got 7 specals and 17 snows between me and two others so they birds are startin to move in big #'s

· Registered
248 Posts
Ya'll are killing me, Our season don't open for a while yet, :pissed: I'll be going to Wisc. in 9 days for 21 days to shoot 'em I can't stand it. :mrgreen: Ya'll be careful out there.. Hawk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.