Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went and bought the double nasty II call with the drake whistle?
Are these good calls? And when do you use the drake whistle when calling! :help:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Use the drake whistle when they are fairly close or they can't hear it very well. I used one today, and had both of the drakes talking back to me. So many people use just the hen call. The drake whistle has been extremely deadly for me the last few years.

The Double Nasty II is a good call. It is on my lanyard, but I use it less and less. I really like it.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I got a free one with my double nasty II, and another free one with my Tim Grounds Hen Talk. I think he calls it the finisher call. I really like the one that came with the Tim Grounds call. Just say wvooot into it, it sounds great...

Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Duck Commander has a good one. The thing that you have to be careful with all of these drake whistle calls is not to blow to hard. It really is not a whistle and if you get a high pitched whistling sound out of your call, try a little less air. Good Luck

·
Registered
592 Posts
As the Duck Commander says, "It's Death In The Fog See." I feel the same way use it in the fog or a cloudy day. and also no wind, they cant hear it over wind but i wouldnt think you could hear them if the wind's blowing strong

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Cheap 6-1 whistle around $4.
Box of cheap steel around $12
Killin a limit of mallards for under $20

PRICELESS!!!! :salude:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
haha more like

6n1-Free
DNII-$12
New shotgun-$400
Dog, e-collar, kennel, food, dog chews, dog toys-$2000
15 other calls-$200
Waders-$200
Boots-$150
Coat-$100
Raingear-$100
Diesel-$25 a trip
Shells-$15 a trip
Decoys-$500

Killing a few ducks a trip------Priceless

:toofunny:

·
Registered
48 Posts
A second on the drake call. A great finisher. I use one all the time. It adds flavor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.