Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a beretta extrema..I have one on layaway and im wandering if anyone has any problems with them and how they shoot.

G

·
Bill
You will be pleased I bought one at the end of August, it's a great gun. I would shot a box of heavy rds through it to break it in then you should be all set. I took my gun waterfowl hunting to Manitoba and fired over 25o rds without a problem or even cleaning it. I have since shoot over 500 rds and still have not cleaned it. I am proving a point to some of my buddies that this is one gas gun that works. And the recoil is very limited even with 3.5" you will be happy. My buddy with a bennelli wants to trade.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It is a really nice gun but I like the way the Benelli SBE, and the Franchi point better. They are not quite as bulky either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would definitely recommend the Benelli SBE. I have owned one for the past two years. I shoot 3.5" shells and I have never had one jam. The gun is very light, and will swing better than any other gun on the market.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I've heard lots of good comments from those that have used them this season. A big plus is the reduced recoil--20% less than a gas operated gun.
But that being said---the gun--whatever gun, must fit you for you to shoot well. That should be #1 priorityIMHO, then model and make after that. Give a man a $5000 pritine gun that does not fit him and he will not shoot well, give him a $200 beat up gun that fits him, and he will shoot well. Think about it. :)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I agree BIGTIME with h2o!! Great comments few will support outright.

In fact, I have a Mossberg Maverick - bought it with the intentions to use it in the salt water (kinduv a 'trash gun'), it cost $148. So I get this piece and it looks pretty solid, but not as much iron as a Mossberg, alot of plastic. Well, that little "beater" has become my bread-n-butter gun. I can count on knowing how it will shoot and I have used it as my primary fowling gun ever since.

Please note, I am not endorsing Mavericks - just trying to point out that I love that 'beater', it has never rusted, never jammed, never malfunctioned. I have alot of guns including Browing, Bennelli and Ithaca but this gun just "FIT" me out of the box and I hope I don't wear it out too soon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey yall my name's jeff and i'm fourteen. 3 years ago my dad bought me my first shotgun, a remington 20 ga., and besides a little 410, that was my fiorst gun. now, i have a job and i'm savin up for a beretta extrema. any of yall have one?????? i'd like to know how they shoot and if yall have had any problems with it. my dad doesnt know too much about it cuz he likes benelli... haha anyway please post some facts bout the gun

-jeff

·
Registered
104 Posts
I love my Extrema. After watching a friend having a blast with his last season I had to have one too. I just got it last month so its been shooting trap and clays for now to break it in (which it didn't need- ran 100% from the box).

I can't wait to start abusing it this fall.

You'll really be pleased with the gun- good luck and have fun.

Brent

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
So, bill, it's ten years later.....

Did you get your Xtrema? If so, how do you like it? I bought one five years ago and have had no issues whatsoever with it.
For what that's worth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts