Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the bad weather and little migration happening how have you been doing? I have shot 50 birds so far as I keep a log for next year and years to come for info. Mostly Mallards, Buffies, GEs both Barrows and Commons, Teal early, gaddies, Bills, some Wigeon as of late, Ringers, and some geese. How bout you?

· Registered
1,621 Posts
how many times have you went? ive went about 10 times. 23 ducks 1 goose. we have got mallards,eyes,ringers,teal,pins,widgeon,redheads,and 1 goose.surprised we havent got any buffies this year yet. havent seen very many some guys are loaded up with them.

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O ya we put out any where from 110 to 130 deeks on the big water. But today we only put out 10 deeks out on the big water. WE had a good day bagging 5 mallards, 1 wiggie. and 1 gaddie, all huge drakes.Also today we had 3 geese locked up right on us on the call and would've have come in but ,you know, we didn't bring the Big Foots. On the smaller waters we hunt we only put out about a dozen to make it more realistic. Seems to me that later in the season you need to make it more and more realistic. It's a different story earlier where you can set out a very bad spread and still slay em.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.