Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of waterfowl migrating through North Dakota the past week, and I'm assuming we're not the only state with birds moving through.

I'm curious to hear what everyone is seeing for duck numbers. No need to give your exact area or honey hole, but which state would be great. Maybe this could be a good year for birds moving further south.

Eyes to the sky...

·
Registered
598 Posts
Starting to see some mallards and gadwalls arriving little by little down here. Our openere is in 3 more weeks and with the weather forecasts I've been seeing, I'm confident we will have good numbers by opening day.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nebraska Getting quite a few birds around here ,but scattered in groups won,t see any and then you'll be driving home and see a small pond literally covered in ducks lot of mallards and a few of everything mixed in. They are really hitting the feilds hard some just staying in the feilds all night. Jump shooting has been the best bet in the afternoons between 1 and 4 o'clock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hunt in Southwest Louisiana and saw a couple of small flocks of ducks, nothing to get excited about but hopefully this next cold front will push some ducks down. Saw some flocks of geese the past week.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Saw fair numbers of mallards, greys, and widgeon yesterday. North Mississippi Delta. Season opens the 26th. Y'all have a nice day!
:salude:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Its been a poor year for MN for the grrenheads-few of them around in the southern 1/2 of the state when compared to other years. Lots of geese though. And big push of geese happened Sunday night of EPP geese into Lac Qui Parle area out of the Oak Hammock area of MB.
There wasa good NW sat Pm throgh Sunday and I went out SUnday think Oboy new ducks should be in--NOT! I only sawa few small flocks of Geese, Redheads and Bluebills that were fresh. The Mallards are not even 10% of what is normal for this time of year IMO. A few Mallards moved into the northen 1/2 of MN though. Yesterday there was constant Tundura Swans migrating SE in the afternoon-the Swans are generally the last to migrate from the sloughs and only migrate when it freezes up.

Still no ice here-but that will be changing quick this week. Forcast for 18 degrees for a low on Friday here in southern MN, that means single digits for lows in MB and that'll push them down. My concern is if it'll push them so hard that they do a flyby and completely over fly MN, I've seen it happen before too mnay times :thumbsdown: We have 2 weeks left of the season so we should be able to hunt the whole season over water up here in MN, last year by this time most sloughs and small lakes were froze over.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I talked to a few in the Canadian provinces and it sounds like there's still a ton holding up north. They need a pile of snow or multiple days in a row with single digits with no wind to make it interesting.

·
Registered
935 Posts
No flight ducks here yet, had some cacklers land in my spread Sunday but we can't touch them now.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
wouldn't you know it. The first good cold front of the season this weekend and i wont even get to take full advantage of it. Oh well, ill still be hunting pheasant and quail so it should be worth it to me. Plus I might go out Sunday...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.