Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else out there use a D-2 "cutdown" call made by Olt? Do you know what one is??..hehe

·
Registered
13,908 Posts
To cut down a D-2, I would probably tell it that is was worthless and that its father is ashamed to call it kin. Then I would rename it D-1 or better yet F-1. That should cut it down to size.
:umm:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a Cuttdown Calls D-2...its a double reed call...pretty good sounding lot of range for a double reed, pretty raspy and deep but could also get pretty high...good call for beginners but has the range for experienced callers too...didnt quite have the feed cuts that i prefer so i switched back to single reed

·
Registered
504 Posts
Old thread...but what the hey..I would like to know what makes a "cut down" a cut down.

I got my hands on an old D-2 "Regular" a few months ago. Can't wait to give it a try on the birds, has a really nice old, mature hen sound to it, especially in close quarters.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Got my first D-2 at age 14 and I am now 65 and the old call is still going strong with new reeds and corks from "Wings".

Lots of the "New kids" look at me funny when they see that hanging on my lanyard.

"Whaaazzzz That " ??

·
Registered
66 Posts
You take the tone board and cut a angle on the end. The key hole has a blunt end...famous call of Arkansas flooded tember...P S Olt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts