Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
many different definitions depending on who you are talking to.

a) posting something that is not relevant to the thread's topic you are posting in. ie: starting up a conversation about basketball in a thread about goose calling.

b) unsolicited advertising of a company or product. ie: a guy pops in and starts advertising a product he makes and sells..he would be spamming as he is not a sponsor of this forum and/or has not made proper arrangements with the forum admins to advertise here.

c) sometimes a mild version of "spamming" would be a person that posts in every thread on the board, but doesn't really post anything useful. just an "i agree" or maybe a single smiley. i think most people do this every now and then, but if you do it excessively just to raise your post count..that could be considered "spam".

d) cooking of a gelatinous pork substance, usually canned. "yeah, i was just in the kitchen spammin' up some lunch when the trailer caught on fire."

e) if you have been hit by the same substance mentioned above you could consider yourself having been "spammed". "yeah..i got spammed by uncle billy yesterday. darn nice shot though."

i hope this helps.

:spam:

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Well those guys about wrapped it up for the most part, but you have you varieties as well..

Your single (solo) spammers

Your cheesy (trying but not good at it) spammers

Your lite (trying to sneak) spammers

And of course your hot (dont care about rules) spammers

Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
In the true sense of the word, spam is unsolicited email or PM associated with a product and/or service someone is wanting you to buy from them.

Fress advertising (which is not allowed here) is where a guy joins and drops a Co name, email, .com site, phone number, etc on a topic/s in hoping he'll get your biz by either starting an new topic or add to an existing topic. Or a Prostaffer name dropping,etc.. that is not allowed either.

SPs "A" above is really called Off Topic posting. Heck 1/2 of all the topics on the HH are off topic, but by default, it has become the what ever does not fit anywhere else, goes to the HH forum. But it has many good attributes like the jokes, inquiries, polls, and general good natured kidding around between the guys.

DHC is about having some fun, learning new things, being of help to new guys to help them learn the art of hunting, etc... We have LOTS of lurkers here, guys veiwing, but not registered as a member. Often 2,000+ hits a day here. Maybe some of them hunter lurkers will finally register here. As you can tell, we are mostly a friendly lot of hunters. :yes: Basically follow the rules and all is well. Most rules are to ensure everyones enjoyment here at DHC.

Admin2 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
452 Posts
i think hookooke is refering to his 5 posts pluging mokai boats in the boat forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.