Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing like having set up in the right location, the right gear and decoys and having a flock come right in point blank and going bang, bang, bang and hear 3 thuds as they hit the ground. A friend and I did a double triple out of the same flock last fall-sweet indeed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Im excited that we are finaly going to have an early canada season in SE Nebraska. Can't wait to hear the first big thud o the year.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The only bad thing usually is the heat and mosquitos but weve been having a pretty cool summer this year.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
September first will be a day of many dead geese here in good ole illinois... i plan to limit out before 8 am...

·
Registered
629 Posts
today me and my dad went out and got a limt for the two bird season hear in michigan . it was a great hunt got a banded bird which was a bonus.

G

·
Here in Pa our early season just ended it was great season even thru three hurricanes, mosquitos, heat, fog so thick you couldnt see one end of the spread to the next, but a couple of bands ,my cousins first goose ever, and hunting waterfowl with father agin the first time in 17 years made it a season that will not be forgot anytime soon. I live to hammer at honkers

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I agree with the Guest - a good season in West Pa. The remnants of Ivan may have brought flooding to Pittsburgh, but just the right amount of wind further north. My come back & feeding calls brought 'em right into my dekes on 9/18. One of my best days. Just whets my appetite for ducks on 10/9.

·
Registered
961 Posts
live in kansas and around me there weren't many flying in the early season but boy are the starting now ... (copuld have limited out at football pratice the other day they are so dumb this time of year lol) can't wait :salude:

·
Registered
247 Posts
:yes: YEA...........BUT I USUALLY SCREW UP AND SHOOT #4 AT THEM THEN YELL AT MYSELF FOR NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

SO NOW I CARRY TWO RIFLES.........MY EXPRESS 3INCH FOR DUCKS AND MY NOVA 3 1/2 FOR GOOSE..........

:eek: I AM ALSO THINKING ...........10 GUAGE.

ANYONE........ANYONE

·
Registered
94 Posts
Goose huntin' been awesome than ever for me!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Last week 3 friends and I hunted geese on a river. Ever see a quadruple-triple? Oh ya! It was a splendid day, I've never experienced or witnessed a kill like that in my life util that day. 12 geese dead geese falling out of the air, one at a time after each blast. Oh golly miss molly! HeeeeHeeeeYeeeeHaaaaaa!! Ya'll ever watche Primos "Truth 2?" It made their Canada Goose hunt trip to Alberta look like a slow blue bird day. Splash, splash, splaaaaaaaash x 4! Yeeehaa! Ya'll come back now ya hear. :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts