Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many ppl do u hunt with and how many do u think is too many when u guys are hunting ducks and geese......me personally 3 is ok but 4 is pushing it preffer to hunt with 2 ppl.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I regularly hunt geese with up to 6 guys in the field but they are people I know well and have hunted with for many years. If I could hunt with 4 guys all the time that is what I would do. I have shot a limit with 10 guys in the field on Sept Canadas but in that instance we knew it was going to be a lights out shoot. The fewer people you have the better in my opinion. It gets tough to hide any more than 4 usually.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I usually only hunt with me and then one other person. Especially for geese....I only will take one more person weither that be my dad, friend, teacher, etc. usually just one other person.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Depends on the blind to the limit of ppl i've hunted with 10 ppl in a blind and had success. I've also hunted with just myself and another person and had success. I think the number of people in a blind doesnt affect anything if the blind is hid well and can hold the amount of ppl hunting.

·
Registered
286 Posts
It depends on where I am hunting and what I am hunting. I like to hunt with 2 people but I'll hunt with more people if I am goin after geese especially snow geese.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow! You guys at setting up a FLAK battery.

We always go alone, and we dont use blinds, just hide in the reeds. Eventually camouflage it with some nets ore something.

·
Registered
171 Posts
We usually hutn only 2 people, sometimes there are four, but we have a six man pit and we have had six people hunt out of it at once, but it is terrible, like if a single comes in you have six people claiming it, and what if it is banded, then what do you do?

·
Registered
160 Posts
We have had up to 6 people spread along a line for hunting. We did awsome, but 2-3 people is good because maybe you have a better chance of seeing who acually shot the bird(s).
Hunter

·
Registered
104 Posts
ive hunted with 8 in a field and it sucked!! it depends on who im hunting with!! if they can handle a bunch of ppl and know where and where not to shoot then im ok with 5 tops! im usually alone or with 2 or 3 ppl!! ....( im not a big ppl person) lol thats why i like nature:D

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
for me 1-2 ppl and 1 or 2 dogs. depending on who i'm hunt'n with

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.