Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curios what a duck was worth. I personally yhink thier worth about $50 apiece, I come up wiyh number by dividing the amount of money I spend by the number of ducks I shoot. Was wondering how much every one elses duck cost.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I DONT EVEN WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT , IF MY WIFE EVER THOUGHT THAT WAY I WOULD BE DEAD..............NOE IF YOUR NAME IS ANY INDACATION OF COST MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY USING A 20 OR 16 GAUGE GUN , THAT WOULD SURLEY HELP TO LOWER YOUR COST ........JMIKE

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
FYI the Feds and most states have "restitution value" for fowl and other spiecies.
It is sused to determine the value in cases of poachers/violators who were caught breaking the law. This is in addition to the fines for the vilolation and possible jail time.
Sorry but I am not sure what $ value it is though. It is based on a number of things, but what you spend as a hunter is not part of it though....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hmmm....tough question. Alot of magic associated with duck hunting, 10 minutes before shooting time with a cup of thermos coffee, whistling wings in the pre-dawn gray above you, illuminated by those first rays of golden sunlight. A high flight of mallards breaking up and losing altitude at your call. A long run uplake in a small, open boat in 17f temperature against a stiff northwest wind that puts a chop in the water. Getting out of a warm bed at 2 or 3am on a bone-chillingly morning to stumble about a dark house trying to assemble all the gear you should have gotten together the night before. The price on a duck I bag would be...priceless!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Somethings wrong here I looked it up and your right on the money 10GA in Nebraska the valuation is 50$ a duck so don't feel bad or tell your spouse. PLEASE don't tell mine she sell off all my gear while I was at work. Stop thinking of gettin cheap gear too.hahaha

·
Registered
248 Posts
Can't put a price on fun! love it to much too even think about prices.
If the wife nags too much I just open the closet and point to the shoes... :laughing:

·
Registered
63 Posts
It cost around a hundred bucks a day to ski, Most people don't tag a deer each year and the price of that has got to be worse, Fishing could cost allot too I spent upwards of fifteen bucks on a lure that could be stripped off my line by the very first fish...not to mention decent poles and a boat.
Now... lets talk perms and bingo or shoes and panties.. needing to use the nice car because the old one isn't nice enough (although I'd rather use the old one cause I don't have to worry about the mud) well my point is basically it's a trade..or at least I can argue it as a trade! lol
The rest of the year I'm low maintanance! I mow the lawn! dam it! lol
honestly right or wrong....I've have no worries... my wife hunts ducks with me!

·
Registered
658 Posts
I don't want to even think about putting a price on a ducks worth. Not to mention if our wifes ever got their hands on that information our time spent chasing them and/or our marriages would definetly suffer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well purchased alot of new gear last year, so about $100 per duck. I also tournament king mackerel fish so duck hgunting is just a speck. My wife hardley knows I bought all the new gear though... :getdown: I would hate to come home if she knew...I told her it was things I had already had before we were married.... :salude:

My fish in tournaments would blow your mind....but thankfully i made @ 15 grand this past year and I'm still in the hole.... :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well lets see 2 years ago my wife came to me and told me that every year i go duck hunting for 3 months and she feels left out.I felt bad about that and told her i didnt want to make her feel that way and if she was missing some thing by all means she should go out and fins some one who doesnt hunt ducks well she did.So besides the 1400dollar shot gun the 6000 dollar dog training equipment for the dog the 150bucks in amo a year the 200 grand in bags waders flashlights well u know the rest it also cost me 40 grand in cash 20 grand in lawyer fees,but even after all that ive got to say its cheap prize when u sit in the blind early in the morniing see that green head on the horizon hes headed your way u blow the call he locks up his wings comes right over your head his head held high checken out your spread and the best place to sit down u stand up shot and drop him the dogs out of the blind now and u watch this awesome hunting machine swim out to the bird pick it up and bring it back .the dog shakes looks at u like hes happy he brought u out on the hunt for the morning nothing like it so i guese what im saying is the monitary prize is nothing compared to the reward of all that especialy if u can share that with your sons or a friend and no bitching wife wating at home ready to jump on u when u get home a litle late from the parking lot call me lets hunt lol

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
my wife doesnt have a problem with my hunting. sometimes she even goes early season when its still warm. she got me all kinds of hunting stuff for christmas this year cant wait to see what all i got.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.