Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know about you guys buy my lanyard is one of my most prized possessions. Last night i took it out of my waterfowl bag and cleaned all my calls out and added a new one recently purchased from River bottom calls (i highly recommend owning one) and wondered how much others spend on the neck candy. On my lanyard i have a Foiles Timber rattler, A new reed and a half from River bottom calles, an eleven year old big river flute (yes, i still religiously use flutes), a primos phat lady duck call, a Duck commander drake whistle and a primos high ball pintail/teal whistle. all and all, my lanyard is worth about 200-225 if the calls were all new. Im still looking to upgrade goose calls by either buying a foiles flute or just biting the bullet and changing to a short reed like everyone else. How bout you guys, what is the deal with your lanyard????

·
Registered
53 Posts
o lord. ive got strait meat goose call...grounds sweat meet. primos wench(2) a whistle a diver call...hmm 2 goose bands 2 mallard bands and a snow goose band.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I would like to say priceless as well ? I have a Victoria's Honker short reed goose call, Foiles straight meat mallard,zink power hen, Buck Gardners Buck Brush, and a primo's high roller, Just over $500 in calls now If I could only get the idoit in the middle of the loop to blow the darn things right . Well we all know what would happen then. I would only carry one call that would my phone with a buddies # to help me pack out the ducks. Interesting to see what people like to carry and how many calls we all pack. Honestly I think I carry too many. One duck call a whistle and a goose flag would be all you need here......Lostpup

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like to use a lot of different calls during a hunt... Plus i just love owning duck and goose calls.... And i guess i did forget to say in the original post that my lanyard, too, is PRICELESS

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Ducker mine is not priceless yet I would like to say that it will someday be. I do have a hunt club band that is the first of it's kind we know of around here so to my buddies it's priceless. Now I just need to find that honey hole with the birds sitting everywhere. So I can choose which one I want to watch and which one I want to try and harvest. Now for sake of conversation my lab is priceless even if she would not pick up MM's banded mallard drake this winter. Honestly that is the only time I've ever been (P Oed) at her......Lostpup

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
lostpup said:
Ducker mine is not priceless yet I would like to say that it will someday be. I do have a hunt club band that is the first of it's kind we know of around here so to my buddies it's priceless. Now I just need to find that honey hole with the birds sitting everywhere. So I can choose which one I want to watch and which one I want to try and harvest. Now for sake of conversation my lab is priceless even if she would not pick up MM's banded mallard drake this winter. Honestly that is the only time I've ever been (P Oed) at her......Lostpup
HAHA! It was so freeking cold outside you would not have gotten in the water either. It was like 0 degrees outside! We had a great time anyway.

MM

·
Registered
663 Posts
well my goose call lanyard is worth about $550 plus my first two bands that i picked up this year it has these on it
foiles high plains honker
zink moneymaker
a hand made call
and another hand made call
and a buck gardner snow/speck hammer

my duck call lanyard is a little less expensive but i mostly hunt geese but i have 8 duck calls on it plus 15 that i dont use sitting next to it the only ones worth anything are the hand made ones and a ducks unlimited one

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Beretta guy ,

You mean you carry two different laynards ? I have trouble keepin up with one . Where we hunt we mostly hunt ducks but have alot of oppertunity (sp) to shoot geese. If I had too carry two laynards I would be alot more of a mess than I am now. Just remembering to reload after shooting is tough I could not imaging looking for that fav. duck call and reliezing I still had my goose laynard on as the ducks were at 60yrd and closing. Although when I blow my duck calls sometimes they sound alot like a goose doing the SPIT note. :mad: :oops: :huh:

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I unfortunately have no bands on my lanyard even tho i have killed a million geese in the 11 years i have been hunting....... Thats ok... One of these days i will get one and it will be glorious.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I don't know about priceless, but I make my own calls, and my wife and I make the lanyards. My fav call is one I made out of Olive wood from Bethlehem. It is a double reed Echo insert. I have a single reed insert, fitted into another Olive wood call I made. The lanyards are made from 400# parachute cord with deerskin leather wrapped aound the back to keep the neck comfy. I also have some run-of-the-mill goose flute...Being that I shoot like I'm blind :headbang: , havn't put many bands on the lanyard :help:

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
diggerduck said:
I don't know about priceless, but I make my own calls, and my wife and I make the lanyards. My fav call is one I made out of Olive wood from Bethlehem. It is a double reed Echo insert. I have a single reed insert, fitted into another Olive wood call I made. The lanyards are made from 400# parachute cord with deerskin leather wrapped aound the back to keep the neck comfy. I also have some run-of-the-mill goose flute...Being that I shoot like I'm blind :headbang: , havn't put many bands on the lanyard :help:
How do they sound? That is pretty cool! Do you sell them? If they sound good, reasonable price, and are reliable... I would like one!

MM

·
Registered
638 Posts
Illinois-Ducker said:
I like to use a lot of different calls during a hunt... Plus i just love owning duck and goose calls.... And i guess i did forget to say in the original post that my lanyard, too, is PRICELESS
Me too:

SMH, HPH, MH, DMM, a daisy cutter, a whistle, and 2 mojo remotes that are junk.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts

7 goose, 10 duck, HS Hammer, Primos Mutha Goose, Foiles Dead Meat Mallard, Kwak Whacker, DC whistle, HS Hunters Series,Primos Yo' Sista, Haydel's Compensator Speck, Greg Keats Shannon and Foiles MeatGrinder.

Can't say....the wife might see this post. :biggrin:

·
Registered
138 Posts
My lanyard? Well, lets see. I think it cost me about $20. Now the calls on it thats a different story!
Besides I change calls on it at a whim, so I bet this past season I never had all the same calls on it as before.
Usually have a couple o' goose calls and the rest duck. It is a 6 loop lanyard, with an attached whistle hanger.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.