Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
well the opener went fairly well, took my 13 yrold and my pup you all know as "tanner"
what a joke for parking, here it goes......
430 am woke and got the truck loaded, shooting time isnt till 800 so we had plenty of time. stop get breakfast get to the marshes just to find out we arent the first ones there. some people have been waiting since wednsday ..... ok, no prob. lots and lots of people
son was over whelmed and so was pup. we walk for about 2 hrs to find a spot and finally find a spot.
700 am forgot chokes back at truck , go back and get them.
745 watching all the ducks in the air,est. about 1000 plus.
746 guns begin to go off, ducks fly by i wait till 800
800 810 get opportunity to shoot , miss miss and miss again.....huh maybe not enough lead.........miss miss .......crap
811 (roughly) hear shot wizz by my head..........
812 go over and give the teenagers a lesson in zone of fire......kid tells me to f88k off and cocks his shot gun tells me i need to mind my own buisness...........
815 start arguemnt with kids........
816 go back to hunting,,
817-830 see ducks , to high to shoot........kids shoot at anything and everything.
830 see a duck that is low enough. shoot it...........kids 8 of them and 4 from the other side of me run and get in fight over whos duckit is........me i go back to shooting.............
840 shooting almost done.............only shot off about 1/4 box. notice i didnt put in my choke........... feel real sick now...put in choke..........
841 see low flying teal. amazing enough he dodged alot of shots, i hit him head on.......droped it .
watch kids and guys with dogs get in fist fight over duck....go break it up.
850 tell the guy next to me opposite the teens......he needed to go get his duck in the marsh, he told me it was to deep for him. i send my dog out to get it........dog is lost . not sure were duck is..i wade out half way he gets idea and retrieves......... upset at dog now..........
get to shore , tanner delivers to had, i give to the guy he takes it and walks away, no thanks no nothing.
900 start home see many geese but had enough for the day.

however my son loved it and likes it better than deer hunting , he says that is got more action. lol........
basically that was my saturday........

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.