Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just going to see how opening day was for everyone. I hunt in Clarksville, TN, and we didnt do too well. Only ONE gadwall and thats it. Saw a few flocks of other big ducks, but they seemed to be locals that didnt want to work.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Went saturday morning, saw tons of ducks, alot were high migrators goin up and down the mississippi. We only got 3 but that due to bad decoys placement. They kept landin about 60 yards from the dekes. we moved over there and got 3 (wood duck, hooded merganser, and a greenhead) We would have had 2 limits if we had been where the ducks wanted to be. Didn't make it out Sunday due to work. With the numbers of birds I saw this early in the season I think this may be a pretty good year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
MAN FINALLY GOT OUT ON THE WATER! DEER HUNTED ALL WEEKEND AND GOT SOME TIME SUNDAY EVENING, SO ME AND THE DOG AND A COUPLE OF BUDDIES HIT THE WATER- GOT OUT EARLY SET UP A GOOD SPREAD AND WAS ABLE TO WORK THE DOG SOME- SO WE DID ALOT OF SITTING AND CATCHING UP ON OLD TIMES- HAD SOME DIVERS FLOT IN ON US, AND LATE IN THE EVENING WE HAD A GOOD FLOCK OF MALLARDS ON THE MOVE ACROSS THE CHANNEL FLY BY= WE HIT THE CALLS BUT NO SUCCESS- BUT MAN IT WAS GREAT TO BE OUT THERE AND BE BLESSED WITH ANOTHER DUCK SEASON

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.