Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hunt in southwest Arkansas and our first week of the season has been great for the past few years, but after that it goes drasticlly down hill. Where do I need to go to kill ducks, or is it the same where you hunt.Dont get me wrong I can still kill ducks throughout the year, but it is nothing like it was 5 years ago. What is DU really doing for duck hunting???

·
Registered
507 Posts
I had the best season of my life last year. I also had the most opportunities to go.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I had a great season here I got ducks every weekend I went out besides the last day of the season but thats because there was a foot of ice covering the lake. My self I think some people arn't having as good of seasons because the ducks just are not migrating like they use to but it's not hurtin me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
A bad day duck hunting is always better than a good day at work! :salude: I dont worry about getting a limit everytime i go out, its about good times with the guys i go with, watching the dog work,watching the birds work the dekes and just being out there. So i guess as long as i get one its a good day. :getdown:

·
Registered
29 Posts
My season was great all year even when the waters froze...its not fun dodging Ice lillies on the Missouri but I did it and shot ducks. Like Hoosier said.
Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:34 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bad day duck hunting is always better than a good day at work! I dont worry about getting a limit everytime i go out, its about good times with the guys i go with, watching the dog work,watching the birds work the dekes and just being out there. So i guess as long as i get one its a good day.
and Im along with him on that...I like to be out in the woods and enjoy it rather than make it a bad day cuz of my attitude..Bird huntin, its a great sport. Lets enjoy it

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
did good, I hunted the Sabine R. in texas and did well on gadwalls, teal woodies, and greenheads. I hunted Port Mansfield in south texas. Did good on everything from pintails, scaup, redheads, teal, and buffleheads. Then I went to huston and did good on snows, specks, and canadas

·
Registered
13 Posts
Last season had it ups and downs in regards to the number of birds that made it to the freezer. But like Hoosier said, there is no such thing as a bad day when your duck hunting.

Made a few new friends last year as well as meeting a number of great people out on scouting trips. Canada was an absolute blast, North Dakota was ok, and Minnesota and Iowa made for some good conversation some days as well as fast and furious shooting others.

·
Registered
52 Posts
considering i didn't get back :thumbsup: from iraq till almost CHRISTmas i missed out on the best part of what there was. So i was told. :help: Shot a few the week after christmas then put my gun up. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Hey all.
New to the forum, but just wanted yo see how it works. Had a great year here in southern wisconsin hunting the Mississippi and Rock River. Shot alot of Woodies and Mallards, and absolutely crushed the giant Canadas late in the season out in the fields! Good luck! Wings cupped!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Two years ago was my best season ever! Couldn't keep the mallards out of the spread. Last year was a little harder for some reason. The weather kind of screwed with the migration. We never really got the right cold front to push out the old ducks and bring down the northern birds. By how cold it was all summer this year, though, I'm REALLY looking forward to this season!!!! :yes: Good luck all!
:getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:
:salude: :salude: :salude: :salude: :salude:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i had a slow year last year. but it was still a blast. we shot cans,scaup,pintails,mallards,teal,goldeneye,bufflehead,ringneck,gadwall,wigeon and a few geese.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts