Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
unfortunatly they do work. In my opinion they give the hunter an unfair advantage. Just yesterday I had a hunting party next to me with two robos.....I had none....the ducks started to work my spread, but would see the robos and go over there.....left me in the dust. I wish they would ban those things nation wide........my opinion.

what ever happened to the old jerk cord????????????

·
Registered
7 Posts
they work EXTREMELY well! me and my dad use a wonder duck that flaps and swims in a circle. we had 4 inches of ice on our local lake. we put out some leaker decoys that we cut the keels off and then chipped a hole in the ice and put the wonder duck in. we ain't in a duck hotspot but we had some big flocks decoying OVER ICE! it was amazing. and for them skeptics that think it's unfair for the ducks. i say tough. the limits six a day.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I would have to say they are OK, at least around the south. By the time the ducks come down here, they have already seen so many robo ducks or derivitives thereof, that they flair off of them alot.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Up here everybody has one. The birds smarten up after opening weekend. Mine has'nt seen the light day in two years.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
If any of you guys that have these motorized decoys and don't use them wat to get rid of them let me know at [email protected]

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/fishing.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Quackcephus said:
Everything has it's place. A robo is not the end all to killin' ducks. Nuthin' will ever replace scoutin', good callin' & stayin' hid until the ducks are on the swing. :yes:
This is true but I have seen ducks fly within 100 yrds of a good spread with good calling then the guys put up their motorized decoy and the brids started swingin over their spread and not only swingin over it but trying to land in it even while they were shooting and retreiveing birds. That sold me on the effectiveness of the wing spinners.

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/fishing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I feel if you are where the ducks want to be anyway, the robo will pull them in faster. The ducks just seem to want into your decoys over others, still its all in the spot. Mine worked great one day with only one wing. I still think I was where the duck wanted to be, because they did not even really look at the 5 other spreads I could see.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Quackcephus said:
GW that was me & my padnuh. :toofunny:
And all this time I was thinking my eyes were getting bad!!! :toofunny: I supose it could a bin u and yore padnuh, but I never said they got any of those birds did I. :laughing: :laughing: Keep takin those shooting lessons cause your startin to get tail feathers. :thumbsup:

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting / fishing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would say the Robo's work really well :thumbsup: I got one last year and hunt the same area every year and when I started using mine I started getting more ducks coming in than ever before :smile: my bag has gone from 1-2 ducks a day to 4-5 ducks a day with the robo :eek: same blind same place that I've used for years, so don't say they don't work!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've gone hunting way to many mornings without a robo duck and the ducks would give us a look, and then they would spot the robo duck and immediately go to the party with the robo duck. This year we have three of them. However, in Missouri there is a big rumor that they are going to be outlawed in the 2006 hunting season.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.