Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
althoiugh they numbers of brids flying seems to be down i am still producign bags of birds so all in all i woudl say i am doing pretty good althoguh i did ahve one of those days where i couldn;t hit crap this weekend but i guess we all have those days .... hopefully that is the last one for a long time .. i uselly have about one a year
at least i got it out eairly this year

·
Registered
598 Posts
hey you guys in kansas and that part of the nation. Do you think ya'll are going to a see good push of birds with this cold front coming through. Our opener is Saturday and I think it will be pretty good because of this front. Let me know if ya'll see an increase in birds over the rest of the week. thanks.

·
Registered
962 Posts
i though there would be a huge incress with this front but on my way to bb pratice today i didn;t see the numbers i though i would ... just a lot of snows with is a good sign i guess becasue the other are usely right behide

i have sobered up a bit... no i was typeing that last one when i was talking to my g\f so kinda hurryed it... in microsolf word auto correct takes care of that time up stuff :thumbsup:
:salude: :salude:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Just in from hunting a flooded oat field. Hunted it this morning and only got 1 black duck, just couldn't get on them. My hunting partner got 1 mallard drake and 2 blacks then had to leave for work so I went for lunch then went back for 3:30 ending my day with 5 mallards, 1 black and 18 empty shells for the day. My lab Jessie worked great retreiveing all my ducks right to hand. Not bad for a 2 year old. Charlies lab Cap is 4 and retreives to hand also.

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/fishing.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Back to the field this morning and the water had dropped a lot over night so had to relocate next to the river where water was still running over the field. Temp. was minus 4 c and winds out of the west at 40kmph . Managed to bag 2 ducks each, 3 blacks and 1 mallard. Hunted from 7:30 till 10 am, Jess retreived them all.

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/ fishing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
With last years floods and this years rain fall my inland ponds are producing quite well. When the drought was in the last couple years, hunting inland was horrible while bay hunting was good. This year the bay is hard to hunt and I now only have to drive 15 minutes to kill a limit. I am vey pleased.

·
Registered
94 Posts
did good on geese during the early seaon and duck huntin was poor for me in MN... hope yours was good and safe season! :getdown:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Great in October; steadily down hill since. Turning out to be a dismal season. What little I see (& I do mean little) I can't hit. :oops: Must have forgotten how to shoot shotgun. :thumbsdown: May as well have taken a paper towel tube & a few handfulls of pebbles on Saturday. Such an half *ssed blow gun would have been just as good. Of course, probably would have missed w/ that, too. :laughing:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here in Kentucky we've seen a bounce of geese but Im wonderin the same thing IS THERE GOIN TO BE SOME DUCKS HERE IN KENTUCKY
Where did you see geese? Not in the Clarks River bottoms, did ya? I hope you did.

·
Registered
10 Posts
well seems to be some good hunting around here. seen alot of ducks in ponds lately. even had 8 buzz my left shoulder this morning but of course i wasn't ready so no ducks on the lanyard. this cold front is definatlely bringing some ducks to texas.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Been hunting every weekend straight since Sept. 1st with a few exceptions. Been fortunate to spend many days afield this year. We got one last day of goose hunting left and we're going to get some Christmas mallards on Friday. Hunting in single digits and high wind will be a blustery morning...shivering already...

·
Registered
204 Posts
First time ever duck hunting. Only got one lol, hope I get better with practice. Much different than upland that's for sure. We hunted on a river which I know isnt the only way to do it. Question for the Kansas hunters...I heard that all the rivers are open to the public as long as there is public access, is that true?

·
Registered
90 Posts
big_countryks said:
First time ever duck hunting. Only got one lol, hope I get better with practice. Much different than upland that's for sure. We hunted on a river which I know isnt the only way to do it. Question for the Kansas hunters...I heard that all the rivers are open to the public as long as there is public access, is that true?
Hey Honey, ducks stink. Can we go back to the deer and pheasant?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.