Duck Hunting Forum banner

How you VT guys making out?

836 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  duckin-A 
#1 ·
I hunt the northeast part of NY (around Champlain) and it's been one of the worst season I can remember. The honker hunting has been decent but the puddler numbers seem real low this year.

The guys were banging hard on your side of Champlain for the opener. Hope you guys are hitting them a little better than we seem to be this year

#3 ·
I saw more ducks earlier in the season. Tons of whistlers the last two weeks of season. Never saw large flocks of mallards and blacks like years past. Did the best on goose the last few days of that season. Was a tough year with the El Nino and mild weather. Gotta work with what your dealt. My highlight was bagging a nice drake widgeon im having mounted. Looking forward to next year.....

#4 ·
yup ...challenging season for sure!! last day on Champlain, south of bridge.....tons of birds of all types flying.......nothing decoying. birds so wary!! beyond wary!! this weather is affecting every thing way beyond hunting!!
Merry Christmas ya'll!! :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.