Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hows the hunting here in Minnesota? Ive not been doing well and hunt in northern MN by Thief Lake and Agassiz Refuge, been getting alot of geese lately, few ducks, first weekend filled out ducks in flooded wheat field from the rain we had awhile ago, after that it was poor.. so just wondering how you guys are doing. I'm waiting for the cold weather to push the birds down from canada.. tell us about your success or what? Good Huntin' :thumbsup:

· Registered
15 Posts
Just got back from a hunt about ten minutes ago up by crookston went out before class today and we got 6 canadians in a plowed sugar beet field they were all greaters and one measured 17lbs. close to a sixtheen foot wing span

· Registered
30 Posts
Parrott I believe you mean a 6ft wing span, but for everyone out there this weekend should be good...... weather is blowing birds into the states everyday. with temps in the teens in winnepeg throughout the rest of the week, and strong northwest winds...... go to your fav honey holes, cause they should be around.

· Registered
12 Posts
:yes: Is anybody else pumped up for this cold front moving in!!! What a great time to have 11 days off.Lucky timing.Anyway last weekend I did pretty well in the hill city area.ringbills & mallards and even a couple black ducks,pretty rare in minnesota from what I here.I will be hunting winne and leech all week maybe will try ball club or cass.I will keep you all posted.Anyone know any other spots in that area that have good wild rice on them?Any info would be great.THANX :thumbsup: SHOOT STRAIGHT AND KILLEM ALL

· Registered
5 Posts
Hey Goosebelly, Hill City eh. One of my best buds is the chief of police there. I am up in GR. Bowstring area on some of the smaller lakes have been producing real well. We have been hunting on lakes with no rice. While the flight gets done ealier there, the birds still allow you to go home with a ful bag. Fast and furious as many whom have hunted the bowstring lake area know. Have fun on that big water. I like to have winnie about 35 degrees before I fall in. Ever hunt mud-goose area? Hill Lake? Take em

· Registered
12 Posts
HEY TRAPPER!Do you know where white elk lake is south of hill city.It is starting to get loaded with ducks!!Very thick rice this year,and TALL I am 6'5 and it is over my head in alot of places.It is also pretty shallow!!esquagama lake is where my cabin is.I think they said snow this weekend?My time of year. :thumbsup: SHOOT STRAIGHT AND KILLEM ALL

· Registered
34 Posts
Yeah there is a chance for snow, Saturday this weekend then high is only 35 deg. I have seen a ton of ducks this week so far this week, starting as of tuesday, hopefully they stick around for the weekend. This weekend is shaping up pretty good. Better make sure you got your long johns packed.

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the cold weather is hitting up and should ducks/geese should be moving around and the bowhunting shall do well too... cant wait for the weekend!! Good Huntin :thumbsup:

· Registered
3,108 Posts
I heard from a reliable source that lots of ducks amd lessors moved into ND yesterday. Remember our weather comes a day after theirs does, so maybe some fresh birds moved into the northern 1/2 of MN today???

I did hear of lessors here in MN from guys aout this morning.

· Registered
3,108 Posts
I went out today in south central MN and limited out. Some new birds were in. In order of abundance of what I saw, Redheads, GWTeal, Ringbills and Gaddys. Very few Mallards and NO geese that was a big surprise...

· Registered
1 Posts
.rice lake sat. came in from north landing. ( cars there at 5:00 AM. lots of hunters but shot only 2 ducks between 2 boats. real windyon main lake, saw very few ducks or geese. There were a few birds that looked fresh but otherwise pretty much dead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.