Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum, and to duck hunting. It was an uneventful season on public land around here. Also, I didn't really know what I was doing at first...

Anyway, I work for credit union in Ohio and just found out that a co-worker has 35 acres and a house in the Upper Penn. She offered it up!

So, how's the (duck/goose)hunting up there?

·
Registered
667 Posts
it is good. plus if you have a place it is cheap to hit the early opener. only problem is it is a long haul especially the way home after a few long days in the field. have done it and it was worth it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have hunted the opener in the UP every year for the last 16 years. some years are good some are fair. It is well worth the trip just for the view if nothing else. Any questions give me a shout I know the east side of the UP pretty well.

·
4,554 Posts
JIMMYK1978 said:
I have hunted the opener in the UP every year for the last 16 years. some years are good some are fair. It is well worth the trip just for the view if nothing else. Any questions give me a shout I know the east side of the UP pretty well.
:hijacked:

I have not tried the UP just because I do not know where to go or anyone to go up there with. I ususlly just hunt houghton lake with my son but if you have any suggestions of places to look at I would be interested also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I hunt fields and a few small ponds around my brother-in-laws farm. We hammered the geese and mallards all season. One of my best years so far. Opening day 3 of us were done hunting in 45 minutes, all limited out on geese and greenheads.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone familiar with Michigamme? Thats where I have been offered a cheap place to stay.

Would it be worth a 12 hour drive? Anything for the wife and kids (5 & 2 years old) to do around there?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Not sure how the hunting is down there, but it's not awfully far from Houghton/Keeweenaw area so I would say it is probably pretty good hunting. As far as there being stuff for the wife and kids.....I don't think there will be much. They could always go to Marquette (~35-45min), but I don't think there is much to do in Michigame itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.