Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have just a few rem. and fed and want to buy some more and don't know the one I should buy.

Want to load 3" steel at 1500+ and 1 1/8oz. What is the best hull to use? Rem. win. fed? How is the hull quality and how many reloads are you getting?

Same question for 3 1/2"

· Registered
80 Posts
for 3.5", the federal hull is great. I've been reloading with these hulls for years and they have been outstanding across the board. Favorite load is a 11/4 oz of #1 @ 1550fps. Kills and I mean kills ducks and geese cleanly @ 50-55 yds. Avg 3-4 reloads/hull but have gotten as many as 6.

In 3", I would take a look @ Fiocchi Hulls. Great speed & lower chamber pressures than Rem/Win/Fed....=less recoil and longer hull life. Be glad to share some loading data with you if you are interested.

"If its brown its down"

· Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, please share. You can PM me or e-mail me at [email protected]. Also, if you have any source for the fiocchi hulls that would be helpful. I think I can get the federal at Reloading Specialties. I plan to buy a couple of reloading manuals, but want to make sure I get the best ones and the ones with the best loads; do you have a recommendation for manuals, wads, shot mfr.? Can you get 1500 with 1 1/8 oz in the 3" fiocchi hull? Trying to scare up some hulls now and this is helpful. I am just getting started reloading steel and I don't want to get a bunch of stuff and find out I don't like it so you help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.