Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting back into duck/goose hunting. What do you recommend with regard to clothes & boots. Thanks for your assistance.

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Best time to go is when its wind, rainy and any other time you would rather be home. So use that in picking out your clothes.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Being my first year hunting, I went with a little cheaper route. I hit the hodgman outlet store on their website. Picked up a 4 in 1 waterfowlers coat, insulated and uninsulated bibs for all under 150.00 including shiping. I have used them alot this year and really enjoy them. I bought them in the advantage wetlands pattern. I even got my father a set of the same, since he does not have fond memories of duck hunting when he was young something about always being wet and cold, and now I can not keep him from going.

·
Registered
63 Posts
ive got a delta marsh(columbia) camo pattern, one freind has advantage wetlands, and another just the old brown splotch army type pattern. we were arguing about whether camo patterns get more ducks than hunters, so we each put our patterns in a bunch of different environments. the winner? the old brown splotches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.