Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Our honey hole is located in the pool where several thousand mallards roost every night. We hunted it everyday for about 2 weeks and killed limits every day. The ducks always started coming back about 2:30. We would shoot our limits then get the heck out of there so the birds could be left unmolested. We still shoot limits everytime we hunt this roost. Last night had about 10,000 mallards that came there at about 10 am. If I would've felt like walking it would have been one of those hunts you never forget. Instead I took a disabled hunter out in the boat and we shot 10. He kept thanking me for taking him out, so I it was worth it.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Generally speaking if it cloudy or the weather is a little nasty the birds come back earlier. The spot we hunt if there is any wind at all the game is over (everything decoys). Alot of it depends on what the ducks have learned. These ducks had the hunters pegged. The would start flying about 12. At 2:30 they were really coming in. Just after shooting light there would be some many birds coming in it was amazing to watch. Weather and hunting pressure play a huge role.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.